Cutting tube down

Urban monkey

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any tube cutting people about cos I need to cut some long down for 5fts. Maybe 50 or 100 long I don't won't to take the cutter to em unless I have to. I would like to exchange long for 5s but need them asap. Luton area. Can anyone help?

How many do u want i have 2000 x 5ft up for swaps

DONT cut 21s down mate f f s

Cheers for the reply. The thing is that I'm only a small firm and this is the first time I've run out in ten years. I only want to do 50 long for 210 5s cos i've been lucky and recently put up a couple of big jobs (for me). I didn't think it would worthwhile unless it was within a 30 mile radius of me yard. The long ain't new but their galv 4mm straight with no defects or cement on tube. I would need to do a straight swap cos I can't afford to lose any weight on the tube. I've got a couple of hundred black 5s I wouldn't use them but don't want to scrap em. Would like to sell if anyone is intrested. There all flakey tho

just use the black tube bud, then sort it all back out when you get kit back in yard , it will cost you more running about than it will cutting 21s or using black

With all due respect mate, keep the long 'Long' . However, You dont saw up the tubing, and end up with a yard of butts.

5' off a long leaves a 16' Good tube.
Cut in half again 2x8' 2 good tubes.

Or take 2 x 4' off a long = another good tube or 1x8' for another. waste not want not.:D

I only ever cut tube like paddy says , into useful lengths.

i would definitely buy the 5s instead of cutting the long cause once there gone there gone mate.

Monkey mate,hire the 5fts,then when they are due to be sent back,stick in a decent ammount of black tube as a swap...half the time these firms are only bothered about getting their meterage back..and you mate have some nice galvy 5fts for the future..
;)

Speak to your supplier Urban Monkey. We are a tiny outfit as well and it never ceases to amaze me what our supplier is willing to do to accommodate us. They are more likely to find a home for black than you are. Failing that, ram it right up em and pull the hire trick.:cool:

Thanks for the advice people and I'm glad I've been talked out of cutting me tube. I will be buying some but I've Only just bought a load of new boards and that was a stretch cos I've only recently been busy. I've spent the day pulling out all tube between 3 and 8 feet. The next few days I'm going to be doing some eye catching jobs. Please don't laugh if you see em I'm a desprate man ha ha

Some times you just got to do what you got to do. Good to hear another small outfit is now busy.

Good for you Urban , i have seen some strange stuff which i think if the truth be told we are all guilty of. :)

get a 16ft tube.

then cut into 3 x 5ft tubes.

if you do this 5 times, then sleeve all the 1 ft butts to make a further 5.

leaving you with 15 x 5ft and 1 x 5ft with 4 sleeves.

buy some you tight c*** lol.

this is 1 of the most ridiculous threads i have read.

He might not know his 5x table...

Is Urban monkey really Dennis Ludlow in disguise? :bigsmile:

To cleaver for Dennis 'SLOW' Ludlow, was thinking more like Eddie Williams, or Mario Delapino...

Is Mario still alive the old pisshead C***

Top Bottom