Current Advanced Course

SevenSixteen

Reaction score
Hello fellas.

Trying to sort out my Advanced ticket and just wanted to know what the current course covers (type of scaffolds) and if there are any assesments on those two weeks.

Thanks

CIISRS SCAFFOLDER RECORD SCHEME ADVANCED
TARGET AUDIENCE
This course is for trainee scaffolders who have already completed Basic Part 1 & 2 of the
National Record Card Scheme.
COURSE CONTENT
• The scaling and interpretation of drawings
• Tubular Drop Scaffolding off Steelwork
• Raking Shores
• Flying Shores
• Two-way Shores/Dead Shores
• Scaffold and Proprietary System Falsework (including levelling to within reasonable
tolerances using adjustable base and fork heads to support formwork as laid out in
engineering scaffold drawings).
On completion of the course delegates will be able, as a member of a team, erect and
dismantle these scaffolds safely in their correct sequence.
PRE-REQUISITE
Candidates must hold a Basic Scaffolders Card.
DURATION
Duration of the course is 10 days
COURSE FEE
£800 + VAT this includes NVQ/ QCF registration and CITB
registration fees.
CERTIFICATION
On successful completion of the course delegates will
receive an Advanced Scaffolders
certificate and can apply for their Advanced Record Card on
successfully completion of the NVQ / QCF Level 3.

No Flying shore anymore, believe it or not you have to do a heavy duty ramp instead

I have never done any shoring work before, so this will be new for me. I understand a little bit as to what each shore is. Raking shore is to hold up a wall? Anyone care to explain which each shore is actually for.
• Raking Shores
• Flying Shores
• Two-way Shores/Dead Shores

Thanks guys

Last edited:
got an email last wk from UTN Wakefield,special price of 500 nicker at the mo,could save people a few quid..

Did my adv there.. good centre..

As you say spanner a raking shaw used to support a wall, flying shaw to support 2 adjacent Walls and dead shaw is vertical shawing commonly used in falsework ( supporting floors )

You get Drawings mate, for the jobs. Do they not do the Hexagon no more ?

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

As you say spanner a raking shaw used to support a wall, flying shaw to support 2 adjacent Walls and dead shaw is vertical shawing commonly used in falsework ( supporting floors )

And Sandy Shaw, Like a puppet on a string.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrs8CgpH980]YouTube - ‪Sandie Shaw - Puppet On A String (1967)‬‏[/ame]

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

All the best mate. Shore is the correct spelling, will help in your portfolio bud.

Last edited:
Lol. Paddy mate I meant, shore.
I remember working from drawings on the advanced course like. Not sure if I'm going to have to re do the actual course as I have all my paper work proving I was a CeCol student, hopefully I will just be able to submit a portfolio and upgrade

ooh maybe one day i ll be a good enough scaffolder to be advanced , oh wait i ll never be advanced cos im not a grass and i dont suck c*ck . haha thats why we got all these winkers in supervisor jobs suck c*ck to get courses and suck c*ck to get jobs. never get our respect though will they . must be getting drunk the rants are on

I have just been informed that there are now grants available to carry your trainee's training through to advance totalling around £2.500 I think it was. I think the reason so few got advanced paid for was the grant money stopped.

Top Bottom