Cscs card

marra watson

Reaction score
right had to do me cscs again as my trainee cards had expired it had already been renewed it has expired again. so av done my cscs test again last week .heres the thing, which do i tick.

cards type

1 duplicate
2 new
3 renewal

skilled card

n/svq level 2 or 3
industry accreditation
approved apprentiship
employer apprentiship
experienced woker

other craft and oprative cards
construction site prative
regular visitor
assesed route
n/svq unit card
trainee
basic level card
construction related occpation

i am inder the impression your crnt renew your trainee card 3 times. i have done my part 2 and assesment and need a cscs card to get back on sites to finish my portflio off so which one needs to be selected.

aye and ill add a few others to in inspection and supervisor lol probbly get a call back sayign fi you give su the mpney for the course well sign you off coz is all about the cash lol. looking there and its says experianced worker''issues on a tempory basis while achiving nvq it is expected to be replaced by a skilled five year card on achievemnt of the appropraitew nqv.
so thats getting ticked i think

I think u may find that whatever you tick.....they'll take ur money & issue u with a scaffold labours card, i've run into a similar problem with one of my guys....then after you've completed the portfolio, payed for the assessment day then another £35 you'll get issued with ur basic scaff card

i think u may find that whatever you tick.....they'll take ur money & issue u with a scaffold labours card, i've run into a similar problem with one of my guys....then after you've completed the portfolio, payed for the assessment day then another £35 you'll get issued with ur basic scaff card

even thow my trainee has run out and it had already been renewedf after looking threw it i came tp teh conclusion that exprenced workerd would mean i would have to pay for the card again just up date it when portfolio is signed off sounds like this isnt the case marra lol

Good luck with that marra,i hear a few people saying that their applying for a higher card than their entitled to,but i wonder if anyones ever got away with it and recieved a higher ranking card??:unsure:

After the initial issue of the card....its valid for 18mnth & can only be renewed once b4 you have to complete the pt2 otherwise they will only issue a labours card..sorry buut thats whats happened in my experiance

After the initial issue of the card....its valid for 18mnth & can only be renewed once b4 you have to complete the pt2 otherwise they will only issue a labours card..sorry buut thats whats happened in my experiance

sounds about right but think ill be ticking the experianced worker as it says about completing nvq which is what am in the prosses of doing weather or not they update it when av finished m portfolio or not am not sure just have to find out its a feking night mare trying to sort it out ya seel when some yan eles has had control of it ffs lol

They just luv taking ur money marra thsts wot its all about...in the old days when it was only a govenment funded centres & not about making money a trainnees card didnt have a run out date.then you got a part1...then ur part2...but they changed it cos the ££££££ made new rules profoitable

They just luv taking ur money marra thsts wot its all about...in the old days when it was only a govenment funded centres & not about making money a trainnees card didnt have a run out date.then you got a part1...then ur part2...but they changed it cos the ££££££ made new rules profoitable

tried to explaine to yan of our lasses parteners he thinks its a good deal 70 quid every 5 years for nothing lol. yeha its the trainee part 1 tube and fit av got, feking **** take like best be here with in the week coz its holding me back form work ffs .

What the number cos I've got to re-new my cards too?

i could of gotten another trainee card but i would have to go to an appeal stage to get a second renewal of the trainee card no idea how long this prosses would take so just whent for the scaffs lab card and recived the application pack today so for future refrence the part 1 trainee card can be renewed twice but only on appeal and i have no idea how long this will take but would be ok if you know its running out and to apeal b4 it actuall runs out you should be ok

i could of gotten another trainee card but i would have to go to an appeal stage to get a second renewal of the trainee card no idea how long this prosses would take so just whent for the scaffs lab card and recived the application pack today so for future refrence the part 1 trainee card can be renewed twice but only on appeal and i have no idea how long this will take but would be ok if you know its running out and to apeal b4 it actuall runs out you should be ok

Just so you know I'm appealing mine today as I'm in very similar situation to you, I only need an extension for the year. Fail to see how I will suddenly become incompetent over night when I card runs out so fingers crossed its allowed. Its the rules they set which disallows me from completing my course.

Can anyone help out I done my health and safety test do I get my new part 2 in the post or do I have two down load a application form

I appealed for a third trainee card by email and was given a decision of yes within 48 hours! They only give you 12 month instead of 18 though and you must finish all the NVQ in that 12 month

Top Bottom