Crinkly Tin Ridge

IDH

Reaction score
Has anybody come across a ridge piece in crinkly tin to weather seal a dual-pitch roof??

Currenly looking at a design where they want to use system beams with a 15 deg ridge. Typically I have seen this with one sheet oversailing the other then fill it with gunk to keep the worst of the weather out.

Yep, always a tricky one! Have even seen a sheet bent over to form ridge - either way not an ideal solution.

Sorry cant help further but the gunk solution seems as good as any.

Profile sheeting and ridges to suit are of course available....may be worth considering??

Maybe use the type of ridge capping used on a cladded roof and then tec screw it to the corrugated tins?

The reason I ask about the design requesting tin sheeting is
Have you thought about ubix? Not that I'm trying to plug it but it really is a good system once you have used it I dnt think you would go back, but of course if you have not costed for this then it's a no go.

The reason I ask about the design requesting tin sheeting is
Have you thought about ubix? Not that I'm trying to plug it but it really is a good system once you have used it I dnt think you would go back, but of course if you have not costed for this then it's a no go.

I'm guessing IDH is designing the roof....and his client wants to use tin sheets?

Which does raise another question - the safer way of forming the roof would be to use keder style Ubix or Haki sheeting. I assue it's Haki at 15 degrees??

Shoud we as designers be doing our risk assessment and concluding a Keder system should be adopted - I mean is there actually a 'safe' way of fixing tin sheets?

Iam sure some one must of invented a ridge that fixes with wriggles if they haven't it would be easy to invent

Best I can think of is to contact a roofing supplier. Something in the Marley (or similar) range may be compatible with wriggly tin or you could drop lucky and find they still have some old ridge pieces knocking about.

Other than that, it's gunk and oversail.

What you mean, something like this?

3" Profile Ridge

Nice one guys - all valid points about system v. safety and my preference would always be a system roof for all these reasons. However, I can't specify to my client what he must use - I always suggest system but not many smaller contractors can afford the outlay, hence we work with them and with what they've got.

As standard we will manage the design risks associated with this and the contractor will have to manage the installation risks.

I think we'll show a ridge piece like this though, do a site visit in a few weeks and probably find it oversailed and gunked!!!

Maybe use the type of ridge capping used on a cladded roof and then tec screw it to the corrugated tins?

I used this on a ridged tin roof on my avatar,worked ok,we had to fill the the overlap with foam cause the water blew in through.
Oops,old avatar,lol

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

And we used self tapping screws to fix them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom