Cowboy builders tonight

1969scaff

Reaction score
Just watched a bit of Cowboy Builders channel 5 ,mainly to clock Melinda Messengers tits.It was the usual sorry tale of some cowboy taking some mugs sorry people for thousands for crap work.The one tonight was a loft conversion cocked up,before they could get up to assess the work the programs builder expressed concern over the scaffold that was up.To be honest it didn't look that bad,however he was not going on it till a safety adviser had checked it.He condemned it"this needs stripping and erecting again by a competent scaffolder" Next shot is scaffs re-erecting the job.No harness on ,no intermediate handrails,a ladder beam on the second lift for no apparent reason,joints not staggered. A handrail around the flat roof balanced on pads on the ridge tiles.It looked worse than the job they took down,good job they where competent scaffs!!Worse of all no blimp off Melinda!!

perhaps melinda was around when they were erecting. i would of been watching her. sod the scaffolding

i saw this the other day, i really wanted to know why there was a beam in it

I did see it, AAA scaffolding I think it was. Even the country boys would have done that with a step, who knows what the beam was for.

They must be daft,if it's on TV you'd make the effort to do it right ,you never know who's watching,HSE,Scaffs,potential customers,perverts.

Exactly, not the best advert but luckily it was only a few seconds, maybe just the scaffs that would have noticed although I am sure Mr hse would have taken a few notes as well.

Exactly, not the best advert but luckily it was only a few seconds, maybe just the scaffs that would have noticed although I am sure Mr hse would have taken a few notes as well.

Don't think the hse watch this show,every one I've watched I thought how the feck do they get away with that on telly,where's the hse??:eek:

I know what you mean but I reckon they are like the police, never off duty and always taking notes, maybe not but I have met a couple down this way who were heading off on holiday and just decided to stop to see what was going on.

I know what you mean but I reckon they are like the police, never off duty and always taking notes, maybe not but I have met a couple down this way who were heading off on holiday and just decided to stop to see what was going on.

there was a program called the fun police and it was all about a hse man who was takeing things to far, and he was on hoilday and was stopping people right jobs worth.

He wasn't Glasgow based by any chance?:eek:

We have a former hse man (allegedly) on one of our sites, he threatened to shut the job because I only had 2 part 2's and a couple of trainee's on the site. I haven't had the letter of complaint yet but to be honest, I really can't wait for that one to drop through the letterbox. ;)

haha, nice one, may give it a try. He is an erse, I have never met the guy, only spoke on the phone and all he wants to talk about is how he works closely with his colleagues at the hse. The last dig we got was for tying ladders, which is a pet hate of mine so I know they were done right, just some nougat had moved it to use somewhere else and never re tied it. They are really bad payers and we are now having a few other issues with them, I reckon they are saving up excuses not to part with cash.

Top Bottom