cots

guymac

Reaction score
My son has just passed his health and safety test rang the CISRS people to apply for trainee card only to be told another £100 and a one day test called Cots . Is this correct ?

I Am Afraid So Guy, Its Just Another Money Making Scam From The Good People At Cisrs, I Honestly Am Hacked Off With The Amount Of Money We Have To Pay For The Honour Of Being A Scaffolder And Risking Our Lives Every Day.

I Am Afraid So Guy, Its Just Another Money Making Scam From The Good People At Cisrs, I Honestly Am Hacked Off With The Amount Of Money We Have To Pay For The Honour Of Being A Scaffolder And Risking Our Lives Every Day.

here here............. i also reckon we will have to sit the h and s test every year at some point instead of the 5 year break we have now

And they wonder why there is now a shortage of qualified scaffolders in Britain to handle the recovery in the construction industry.
This must be the only country where one has to PAY to work on any building site.

Money, money, money. As you all know it costs thousands to get from labourer to advanced. Greedy b@stards.

At least it helps stops the flood of foreigners getting into it that's how I try to look atbit

At least it helps stops the flood of foreigners getting into it that's how I try to look atbit
Thats the trouble benjo, it DOESNT! Thats exactly what turned me from a life long Labour voter to a right-winger overnight.
There was a massive site on Ancoats Street, Manchester 6 years ago and they were ALL eastern europeans on there and not one British! I couldnt even get on that site for enquiries due to the fact that I was english.
Believe it, they will somehow find a way round the system which makes me even more livid.
Just watch the 'rules' bend when the shortage reaches a certain point.

The thing is with the cots course,while it looks good on paper -in practice its just an exercise in greed from the cisrs, Who are totally strangling our industry from the inside & cant even see it. If you want to do this course inhouse(which it should be under the guize of a company & work induction) the fees & qualifications required to do it just arnt financially viable.in my opinion this course should be offered free as a incentive to enter the industry rather than an addition financial burden stopping someone. - other site trades are not forced into a compulsary scheme just to get on site as a labourer.
bosses dont want to pay it as many new starters normally quit within a few short weeks, & a newbie trying to enter the industry cant afford it.

Top Bottom