Cost of living offshore

woodsie

Reaction score
How much money does one spend when offshore and roughly how much money a week would you make take home? Just want to way up the options. Thanks in advance.

Thats good news should dry out a bit then, the old liver wont know whats hit it. So how much would you spend on grub then mate? And whats the average wage take home??

Last edited:
You havent done much research mate .. foods free, fags are cheap, all you need is cards money and money for canned drinks, mars bars etc...

Take home about 1200 quid a week right?? Just want to be sure before splashing out on all the courses. Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Wages cant be that poo that nobody wants to say.lol

Everything is free food washing and on most places phone Internet also, if you smoke then you will need to buy them and that is if they sell them some platforms charge more than the local shop LOL but there is all ways someone selling them just like in the bar.
Don't forget the drink in the bar before you go offshore and the train back home LOL
Good luck if you go for it

I was dragging about £1400 a trip, that was 10 year back mate, so you should get around that now I think... good luck..

Very interseting info here, so the minimum expected would be 1100 take home and maybe more if lucky. I hear Aberdean is the place to be but willing to travel anywhere for work.

The heliport is in Dyce ( Aberdeen ) if you live in Aberdeen you do stand a much better chance...

WOODSIE THE BIGGEST PRICE TO PAY IS WHEN YOUR SO CALLED PALS CHAP THE DOOR WITH A CARGO OF BEER AND A BOTTLE OF WINE,ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT YOU ARE OFFSHORE AND HEY PRESTO YOUVE LOST YOUR WIFE YOUR MATES AND YOUR HOME.:amazed:

I KID YOU NOT ;)

Depends if you are married to a slag ? ;)

Depends how much pop and sweets you eat. £20-40 for the 2 weeks will do ya if ya not a smoker, for bonus balls, bingo, poker and other sweeps. Apart from that there nowt to spend it on. Minimum is about £1100 a wk but some platforms have uplifts bonus etc. Good luck if ya go for it mate. It becomes a way of life.

Top Bottom