Coryton... bad news.

J

Jason-Gibbs

Morning Fellas.
Im currently sitting in a pub enjoying my breakfast and on the news it just said that Coryton Oil Refinery will NOT recieve Government funding to stay open...

It went into administration in January this year.
Some 1000 hard working Men and Women will soon be out of work.

Seems more bad news for the Construction Industry atm.
Fingers crossed that some wealthy group will step in and save their jobs.

Views?

Pints of Coke... with ice.
Cant walk onto a Network Rail/PTS job with beer on my breath... ill get a few cans on the way home. ;)

I heard it was a good earner.
Maybe some of the boys can get a few quid banked before it closes... must take months, maybe longer to decommision a Refinery that big, no?

Work there a number of time and make good money but why should we bail it out ??? Then have to pay £1.38 a litre ???
Bollicks shut it !!!!
Anyway don't they need that land for the new euro port????

Apparently thats being built in Tilbury... though i could be wrong.

Maybe they can sell the refinery to another country lock stock and barrell.
Worked on a Mobil one near Karlsruhe years ago. They took it apart, put it in containers and were going to ship it to India. Everything had a barcode even the nuts and bolts. the scaffs did swop a few around though!!

the government should be offering some sort of concessions to a new buyer , like they do with tech companys and other kinds of businesses

That Money Will Be Used Next Year To Pay The Bankers Bonus, This Govt Couldnt Care Less About The Construction Industry, And Will Not Help Us At All .

i think the plant will be bought and for a small price as there has been marginal maintenance from petroplus for couple of years and thus only been running at 50% capacity they were saying,hope for the sake of the workforce it is purchased.

Bank of England just announced a 200 billion quid plan to get your economy sorted.

I think that was being held up as a confidence measure while all this bother with the euro is sorted out especially with Greece teetering.

I think that was being held up as a confidence measure while all this bother with the euro is sorted out especially with Greece teetering.

the greeks are having to go to food kitchens in the street , the italians are rioting , and the punt is back in play in ireland , that osbornes a prick , so what is that another 200 million freshly printed out of thin air/quantitive easing/ good word for printing new money,lol

the banks create/lend 9 quid for every 1 that they have , and they still **** up , i could run a fuckin bank better than these *****:mad:

image-7-for-yourlife-telly-money-23-03-2011-gallery-180844008.jpg

Top Bottom