Construction Industry 'Cartel' in the news - anyone got the gossip?

Dom

Reaction score
From Construction Enquirer

Seven people have been arrested as part of a new Office of Fair Trading probe into a suspected construction industry cartel.

The Financial Times reported that the seven are allied to three companies.

Two are believed to be small family-owned businesses while a third is a larger private company.

All the suspects have been released on bail.

The Office of Fair Trading told the FT it “has opened a criminal investigation into suspected cartel activity in the supply of products to the construction industry.

“As part of the investigation searches were carried out last week at a number of locations across the UK.

“Seven individuals were also arrested in the Midlands. No assumption should be made at this stage that any criminal offences have been committed.”

The current arrests are not related to the OFT’s major investigation into cover pricing which saw fines of £130m imposed on contractors in 2009.

The fines were subsequently cut following a series of successful appeals by contractors.

I heard this was 3 nasc members trying to convince poor unsuspecting house holders that a hand rail was now considered a node point and Rodger Nutkins was a tubular artist worth £39 brick an hour, anyone else heard that?

I heard this was 3 nasc members trying to convince poor unsuspecting house holders that a hand rail was now considered a node point and Rodger Nutkins was a tubular artist worth £39 brick an hour, anyone else heard that?

No I heard it was Ikram caught price fixing, he'd set up a huge cartel and got James Pearson to bench press anyone to death who crossed him.

The association threads, the Hitler videos, now the random outlandish gossip, I do enjoy our childish games

Close, but I think you will find anyone with half an ounce of knowledge will tell you that was the great Benny Flynn, what is it with you guys, does any of you read the papers?

Close, but I think you will find anyone with half an ounce of knowledge will tell you that was the great Benny Flynn, what is it with you guys, does any of you read the papers?

I thought Ben Flynn was serving time in Africa for beating an elephant to death with an elastic band?

HAHA, he must be on the early release programme, a bit like BF then.:laugh:

BF is on early release? Shocking.

You just can't believe everything you hear can you AOM. All these vicious rumours flying around all the time, no doubt some irresponsible members of this forum (naming no names, Phil) will hijack it and fill it with wild claims about quad handrails, doctors notes and ewok throwing contests.

His Mrs is on every forum complaining about his early releases, not sure what to make of it.:sick:

I was speaking to some fud today from the hse who let slip quadruple hand rails will come into force as soon as they legalise ewok throwing and base jumping from the first lift of street jobs without a quadruple point harness.

The game is fooked.:mad:

I was speaking to some fud today from the hse who let slip quadruple hand rails will come into force as soon as they legalise ewok throwing

There is no way they will allow it, as you have to clip the ewok to your belt before you can throw it so it doesn't fall on anyone and it won't count as bombing. How will this work? The WAHR clearly states the throwing of Ewoks is punishable with fines in excess of £23,454 and 34 pence.

Never hear so much Betty swallocks in all my life. Everyone has heard of the controlled ewok transfer system employed by all reputable firms today. I think it's EN 28 and SG 34 that covers it.;)

Never hear so much Betty swallocks in all my life. Everyone has heard of the controlled ewok transfer system employed by all reputable firms today. I think it's EN 28 and SG 34 that covers it.;)

Yeah but no-one ever works to that, it's not good enough in the eyes of the HSE. I think they want us to throw Ewoks while stood on this new thing they call an "Ewok step". Still have to clip on while throwing them though. We'll see when BSEN123124235345465653453453423355345634 and SG4:645634564576456475674567456745675675 comes out I suppose, I know what my bed time reading will be.

haha, ewok throwing step, dya think it works for apprentices as well?:idea:

haha, ewok throwing step, dya think it works for apprentices as well?:idea:

I don't see why not. Though I heard they're withdrawing the "apprentice" scheme in favour of the "apwentiss" scheme so it suits todays youngsters better. The course will include how to use your phone at the most inconvenient time and how to disappear without a trace when the lorry needs offloading. They will need a refresher course every 4 years though which costs about £2,456. Madness :mad:

ha ha, I think I have a couple here could design the course for them for a few jays.:nuts:

They would have to be NASC approved, as well as CITB, CISRS, HSE, CSCS, FMB, and for old times sakes ECTIB. They'll need a doctors note too.

Possibly regular AA attendees as well.

I know I will probably regret this but WTF is FMB?

They are all oot trying to work out if a hand rail is a node point.;)

WTF is as you say what the feck, I know it's complicated but try and keep up.

They are all oot trying to work out if a hand rail is a node point.;)

WTF is as you say what the feck, I know it's complicated but try and keep up.

Of course it's not, but a stop end is clearly a node point.

Ah I sees. What The Feck. WTF. It's like, OMG WTF LMAO LOLers! G4M3RSP34K!

FMB is in fact the Federation of Master Baiters. Are you not a member? Thought BigFish would have you got platinum membership?

Top Bottom