Confined Space & Asbestos Awareness

VancouverLeedsLondonBoy

Reaction score
I did both of these E-Learning courses 2 years ago and they have just run out. Question is, Would these be accepted on any major industrial shutdown within the UK or would I have to do a classroom based course for these to be accepted? Is it considered Low or Medium risk on say, A Boiler for the confined space?

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

I have just noticed that the Assy online courses are now UKATA approved so I reckon the confined space one could be dodgy.

Confined space course to enter a confined space is two days with a practical part to it confined space awareness is one day class room say for a standby man. Depends on what's been in the boiler coal gas. Rubbish and access and egress to work out risk

Then you could be right. I always thought to enter you had to do the practical part of the course as well and that is two days but if that's what they say they should know better than me

i always thought if it has 2 access points its not classed as confined space. think all clients are different. was in a gas plant last year 1 access point tighter than my uncle jim wallet for access but we didn't need a confined space ticket. just wished all these tickets had a bit of shelf life instead of a renewal ever 2 or 3 years get a cisrs one chris they have the clout these days lol!!!

Last edited:
Check with the site that you are looking to work on they will tell you there requirements as some places I would say are confined space the site classes them as limited access all sites are different

Top Bottom