concrete slab edge protection

timthumb

Reaction score
any advice on best way .............. the remit is drilled brackets , posts , then tube h/r ..........
finding it difficult to source the right kit at the right price...
any dummies guide would be good

thanks

To drill into a concrete floor?
What about 'Transom TieBars'? They should be strong enough to take the weight.

Tied in with 12mm Excalibur bolts?

apollo sent me a brochure/magazine with some good fittings.i:e not the normal drilled anchor tie but ones with a load of differant brackets on. Could be worth a try

Combi safe also do them in fact they all do some sort of edge protection. I would say the days of a tubing hand rail are numbered as there seems so many systems out there. What did you eventually settle on Timthumb?

Find out what distance they want it from the edge of the slab too,sounds like common sense but firm I worked for yrs ago never asked and a part 1 ended up moving every handrail back 6" over 12 floors so they could fit brackets for the cladding.personally I use the combisafe shoes,m16 bolts tube and brick guard gates

Not settled on one yet But we maybe there on Tuesday so will have a better look .....
The issue I see with the mesh is that no one can work through it where as with tube you can
I suppose I should have said this is the second installation of handrail .... The mesh and posts are already in place we have to replace it with ours ...., the only reason I can work out is because of 1 the cost of hire 2 the the reinforced concrete firm will be finished and gone soon so they want to take and use there kit elsewhere

I take it drilling in is your only option, no exposed steel or anything? If it is then the only option I really know is Apollo brackets which there are many and varied options but might be expensive and time consuming. It's a bit late now but you would think that maybe the designers could come up with an idea to reduce the cost and make it easier even if it was just concreting posts in the floor to be zipped later. I think Apollo do one like a G clamp but it was more for a pre cast stair and no idea how strong it would be or hard to fit on your job.

Meeting on Tuesday will see then ....,
Difficulty is I think for example maybe be able to box tie around conc coloums but if in the way we would have to move it back at our cost that's why I'm thinking independent means
It's not a confrontational thing it's just our price and there spec is one h/r ( double ) only that fits it all which I can see there point ...,

Drill and fix a band and plate to the edge and fit standards up off them ?

wont work

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

i only know that as i was in pub opposite today and seen the abortion on groundfloor slab , nice stair tower whered ya nick that from tim

see a pic of that gemma yesterday - lullllly

Yes if thats the kier job at hillcrest school

Takin the piss tim , dont worry was sarcasm
Is negus on that job

combisafe do an adjustable bracket with a keyhole bolt hole in. you drill a 12mm hole in the face of your slab, then screw in a 12mm x 150mm masonry bolt in with an impact driver and the bracket just drops over the bolt. stick a five foot in and then use extraguard, periguard or whatever. the bracket is adjustbale should it need moving back to get metsec or other cladding systems in.

here's a link to it - http://www.combisafe.com/products/e...sories-circular-system/4221-flexi-attachment/

Last edited:
Top Bottom