Clock Tower

i think he was just looking for a rough idea, ive worked with more estimators.supervisors/ managers than i care to remember and a good scaff will nearly always ask for a second opinion, even though they know the job inside out. FFS even doctors get second opinions

ps have a look at the sizes? would you tie it in?

just my opinion

me and my squad 15 year ago 3 days:nuts:
now 3 month:D

were is he allowed to tie in?

you could ues appolo ring ties with the rawplugs there not as easy on the eye wen u strip it or they could be filled in with mortor i think

i cant answer you as im not pricing the job and im not building it mate but if it was t&f useing the step up and the size given by the poster i would smash it in 2weeks with 4 men if it was a system it would be less:D[/QUOT

a compendent person will have had all his home work done for a job like that,he should know how long it takes to erect and dismantle,if he has to come here and ask (quote)how long it will take to build ,well then im sorry he dont deserve the job,if he had of come here and asked i have a job to erect and ive never built a job like this before,and im in the need of some guidance well then yes i would help out as much as possible,but dont ask a stranger how long its gonna take you to build a job,and get anwsers,wen no one knows what way,what wit,what machinery,what men,how many man hrs are on the job

this is my take ?????

got asked off a client to go and price the clock tower which he knows through being his local town,
so prior to going to the job and being put on the spot by the client (which they all do) he just wanted a bit of reassurance????
again only my opinion, but best of luck to you Mart i hope yo get the job and you make a few quid.
If you ever need more advice or a bit of reassurance post on here and i am sure someone will help you out.

BUT FFS put a few more details down:blink1:

Don't forget to price in for the design drawings :D

well at that dimensions will cost ya in around 3,000,also some company rule of thump want the designer to sign off the scaffold every 7 days,so that another 8hrs a wk,if its standing for ten wks which it will be for restortion work,there another 80hrs at pro 35 quid a hr almost another 3,000 grand,as i said you have to do your sums before you kick off

this is all true lads inspections simian risk £150 every 7 days i think ?????????????????

im not knocking the lad ,im knocking the advice hes been given how long it will take him to build athe job,when none of yous know the guys taticts

Many thanks for all the helpful replies.

sorry if i sounded a little strong in the posts,do your home work before you start,and one more thing make sure you allow for alterations on the job ,cause no doubt you will be asked to drop,or board a lift,etc,and if you have to sheet it in ,you will have to calculate wind loads at that height,so you will need plenty of tie,s, and then they can be very choosey about ties on a building like that,so go for it mate and i hope your project runs to plans,also dont forget the good old subbie,ya can stil make a few dollar if ya sub it to some small firm

Top Bottom