Citb

philliosmaximus

Reaction score
I was booking a course for one of my lads this morning and I asked what was happening with the changes within the CITB ,
And how it would affect the lads here in the UK
They sent me this email

Good morning,

Further to our telephone conversation I can confirm that the scheme CISRS will not be closing. Please see below;

“We have recently reviewed our international business as part of our change programme. The review concluded that CITB should close its provision of products and services internationally and focus on key skills needs in Great Britain. The training providers affected have been informed of this decision, with a further letter to be sent out on 1 September explaining what is happening in more detail.

“These changes will help CITB improve, become more efficient and be better able to meet the core skills needs of the construction industry in Great Britain.”

Kind Regards
Jenni Lanchester

Hi Phillio…

Addressing the Skills short fall in the UK…

It is only right and proper that CITB have taken the initiative to focus on British priorities at this time…

Right and proper? This scheme was, in fact still is making money and lots of it. They've also handed nay paid for someone to take a share of their most lucrative training here at home with this new centre in your own home town which is to be replicated in Wales next I think and is the thin end of the wedge for what's to come. It's nothing to do with " Right & Proper" and more to do with totally revamping how we train for the future in our industry. To quote yourself, " March or Die".

lmk

In the light of no other Candidates…NASC/CISRS are the only Candidates who come properly prepared to for fill the Role…

Like it or not NASC/CISRS are the prime movers in our Industry…

Adapt...

Adapt is right, but why do you think we need another candidate when citb were taking the international market in full. Nobody wanted cisrs or very few. Most invested heavily in citb, and as such may feel that they have no other alternative to seek recompense through the courts.

lmk

I was referring to the International Overseas Market, with the demise of CITB International, who will fill the void ??? the only Organisation that I now of that is well places with the resources are NASC/CISRS…

I was lead to believe that CITB (UK) going to expand their Training Programs to address the UK Skills shortage...

Aye, it took CITB/CISRS about 16 years to decide on a Facility in Aberdeen…

Im all for revamp, whats on your mind ???

lmk we both been in this game for decades and seen a **** load of changes but we keep on going through it all…march or die…

Top Bottom