CITB part 2 advice please

wgogs

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I need to send my son on his CITB part 2, he lives in Fife so Glasgow is probably the nearest, what is the cost ? how long to complete ? is there a waiting list ?
he has part 1 from a few years back and is unemployed at present.

hi wgogs

ive just inquired about my advance at birchan newton (kingslynn), the cost of part 2 and advanced are £950 if u dont require accomidation and £1'450 if u do
hope this helps
rye919

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

.............o yeah, its a two week course over two part's of 5 days

once you complete the 2 week course you have to pay a further 250 for a one day assesment to get your card too .

Just been on my one day skills test waiting to be visited by an inspecter.All in all it cost me 750 for two weeks course than you wait to get your portfolio which is a nightmare if ya with a small firm!than you have a one day skills test whick is about 450 than you have to pay the cost of someone visiting you on site.So be prepared to pay as i have spent a fortune for my part two.p.s.think you might get train to gain in scotland my advice is to ring simian risk management they might be able to help you out

Hi guys,
I need to send my son on his CITB part 2, he lives in Fife so Glasgow is probably the nearest, what is the cost ? how long to complete ? is there a waiting list ?
he has part 1 from a few years back and is unemployed at present.

Hi mate, it will cost your son about 900 plus vat for a part 2, then he needs to do his nvq portfolio and after si months a one day skills test costing around 300 plus vat. You should look at CITB Glasgow, Paisley is the nearest one to you.

thanks for the ifo lads, it aint half went up from 1984 when i done mine and got picture taken on the last day and home with the card.

do they have to come out to you on site? my bosses are well lets just say a bit old fashioned, so would be a bloody nightmare

Not sure they come to you on site anymore.
I believe that was part of the Assessed route...

I aint heard or seen Instructors coming out to site for some time myself.

Also, £830 is pretty decent compared to the nigh-on £1000 you pay down here.

I would imagine that's without the VAT Jason, either that or I've been getting ripped off.

Top Bottom