Citb ecitb

Reaction score
I'm an old Scaff I remember when the CITB cards came ou they were for the civil side the MEC contracts wouldn't accept them they still worked with union grade card (ie) the CEU card then they MEC brought out their own card first was the EITB card then Changed to the CITB card
The ECITB card was a better card because it was supposed to keep a database
of all scaffolders ie records work experience, couses attended, and a work history, So an employer could phone nd know they were getting an experienced scaff the CITB didn't do that once you got you'r card there was no follow up
and as I've said before when thes cards first started you got a CITB card for I think it was £2.00 and a couple of photos all your employer did was sign the form ECITB was the same but you had to have a union grade card and I think it was £5.00 and two photos
I have the 2 cards but think the CITB is a better card because of the record scheme

I'm an old Scaff I remember when the CITB cards came ou they were for the civil side the MEC contracts wouldn't accept them they still worked with union grade card (ie) the CEU card then they MEC brought out their own card first was the EITB card then Changed to the CITB card
The ECITB card was a better card because it was supposed to keep a database
of all scaffolders ie records work experience, couses attended, and a work history, So an employer could phone nd know they were getting an experienced scaff the CITB didn't do that once you got you'r card there was no follow up
and as I've said before when thes cards first started you got a CITB card for I think it was £2.00 and a couple of photos all your employer did was sign the form ECITB was the same but you had to have a union grade card and I think it was £5.00 and two photos
I have the 2 cards but think the CITB is a better card because of the record scheme

quote from david edwards chief executive for ecitb!!!! it is important to note that cisrs is the scheme of choice for the indusry!!!! choice whos choice yours or your shareholders. all clients that i have spoken to on the industrial curcuit are quite happy useing the ecitb scaffolder as long as theres written information to go with card there happy so whats the problem with this ticket ive not meet one client that has a problem so you shouldnt we could go on intill the cows come home 2011 is nearly at a end lets not open a can of worms and come to a sensible solution

well said I have an ecitb ticket and have had to apply for a trainee ticket just so I can still work. why If industrial groups are happy to accept ecitb should the ticket be abolished ? simple answer Money .The sensible solution would be keep the card and allow potential employers decide if they want to use ecitb and make sure health and safety tests are kept upto date to comply with site regulations

Top Bottom