cisrs card

waynedamage

Reaction score
hi all, i passed my part 1 on the 2nd november and i have since got my certificate,

does anyone know how long the card takes?

You Will Have To Complete The Nvq Portfolio And Your One Day Assesment Then You Can Apply For Your Card Wayne.

your trainee card will probably be on the way , think mine took 3 to 4 weeks

if you handed in a photo and filled in the form , theyve sent it off for you , it shouldnt be long

Oh Sorry Wayne Well Done On Passing The Course Your Training Starts In Earnest Now Mate, Good Work Well Done.

Well done Wayne.

You should get your card within 4 weeks as stleger said.

Last edited:
cheers lads, need to ask the boss about my portfolio on mon the problem i have is i work with cuplok every day the closest i come to tube n fitting is a bit o handrail!! mebe see if hell let me build a few jobs in the yard with tube

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Well done Wayne. You will be advanced in no time.

dunno bout that HWST seen sum o the "advanced" scaffs that are being spat out these days! id rather learn from a decent part 2 if im honest no offence to any of the lads that have went that extra mile likes! the majority of scaffs ive worked with up ere have been off shore or on power stations, and they have been part 2, had a few "advanced" boys pass through the site on the way to better things. and to be honest, fu ck knows how they managed to get to work safely never mind put the job up! :)

ps, the firm came good and refunded the money i spent on part 1 :D

fair play to your firm wayne , they must see that your a good worker

its just good to know i can take their word on the shake of a hand stleger, the man shook ma hand and said well done after spittin the dummy initially and gave me money back i paid out happy ending all round. :)

Just be honest on your portfolio Wayne, if you have not done the jobs with tube tell them that, you will still get your card either way.

yes , it's to provide evidence that you've built the scaffolds that are on the p1

yes , it's to provide evidence that you've built the scaffolds that are on the p1

And you got to go back in 6 months to do a one day assessment I take it. How much does the assessment cost? I just sent my mate on he's part1, starts his second week Monday but no one mentioned portfolio or assessment to me it used to be just do the 2 week course but I'm going back 10 years or so lol

theres a portfolio for p1 and p2 , its them along with the 1 day assessment that makes up the SVQ/NVQ
the 1 day Ass. is £360 , i think

youre time would have been before they strung it out to make more money.

Last edited:
Is the part 1 assessment not part of the part 2 course?

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

In fact, I shouldn't even have called it assessment, there isn't one.

yeah , the first day , but sometimes the instructor just skips it , shhh

cheers lads, need to ask the boss about my portfolio on mon the problem i have is i work with cuplok every day the closest i come to tube n fitting is a bit o handrail!! mebe see if hell let me build a few jobs in the yard with tube

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

dunno bout that HWST seen sum o the "advanced" scaffs that are being spat out these days! id rather learn from a decent part 2 if im honest no offence to any of the lads that have went that extra mile likes! the majority of scaffs ive worked with up ere have been off shore or on power stations, and they have been part 2, had a few "advanced" boys pass through the site on the way to better things. and to be honest, fu ck knows how they managed to get to work safely never mind put the job up! :)

ps, the firm came good and refunded the money i spent on part 1 :D

not all asdvanced are bad mate... stop playing to the crowd.. so what if ur mentors have been offshore and worked on stations..lol

if youve sent him on what they call the "adult" part 1 hel be assesed at end of it but if its a "youth" the assesment is part of your part 2 course

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

should also have inverted commas round the word "assesment"

He's 26 so I suppose he's on the adult version. He's unaware of any assessment or he would have told me by now, finishes the course Friday coming.

not all asdvanced are bad mate... stop playing to the crowd.. so what if ur mentors have been offshore and worked on stations..lol

playin to the crowd?? as far as im aware i was adressing HSWT!

never said all advanced were bad cassie, you should have paid attention to the original post mate LOL! i said "some of the advanced scaffs that are being spat out" never once referred to all advanced scaffs, maybe its you thats trying to play tae the crowd pal!?!

Top Bottom