CISRS and TOUCH SCREEN TEST

andyf8686

Reaction score
I phoned the CISRS yesterday about renewal of a card only to be told my touch screen had run out even thow my CISRS supervisor card does not run out until 2014, ask why the touch screen and card do not run out at the same time ie 2 years for touch screen and 5 years for scaffold cards ? To then be told " the touch screen pass paper is a valid training certifact that does not run out" however you must resit the test every two year if you need to renew any cards ? WHAT !!!!!!:mad:

Can they only be after the money for re-sitting Andy, we know the answer to that one dont we.

You must have passed your touch screen test within 2 years of applying for a new or renewal CISRS card.

If you have a valid passport to safety for power work then there is no need to sit the CSCS touch screen test.

A CISRS supervisors card requires the candidate to have passed the CSCS supervisors test (within 2 years or applying) and the CISRS scaffolders card requires a CSCS operatives test (or safety passport)

For those people with a CSCS contract managers card then they need to sit the CSCS managers test to apply/renew their card.

So, for people you have a scaffolders card, a CISRS supervisors card and a CSCS managers card then they need to sit all 3 tests, as the managers or supervisors cards do not supercede the operative test in this instance.

It's not just scaffolding that the 2 year rule applies to, but all CSCS affiliated qualifications.

andy if you have a valid B.O.S.I.E.T (offshore survival) then this qualifys for a valid safety course as does the safety passport,as already mentioned by phil.
i have found in the past it can sometimes depend on who you actually speak to,as the information can sometimes differ

Alright Andy, I think the touch screen paper you get when you have passed has a life of only three months. This means you must apply for your card in this period, however you do not send off your touch screen piece of paper this was my understanding anyhow.

Top Bottom