Christmas work

paul

Reaction score
Would you work on christmas day ?

Has anyone ever worked on Christmas day ?

Could you be tempted by a lot of money ?

As scaffolders are we that way that we would work for a good price on Christmas day

For me i would never as long as i have family around me but if i were a single man then i might be tempted !

as youve said paul if your single its easier!!! you can earn a few more beer tokens on these days!! but ante it nice to wake up xmas morning knowing you ante got work a nice glass of bucks fizz with a large vodka in it lol!!! yeap the money can be there but hee hoo lets have atleast one day off and get sloashed!!!! ps hows smichael above on your avitar he looks well

Last edited:
you cant buy memorys so fecking ramm it,besides which ive already worked ramavan and yomkippor and all the pagan festivals so under no circumstances am i missing this HOGMANAY the steak pies ordered and the garage is full to the brim with bevvie ;)

(1) Yep
(2) Yep
(3) Yep
(4) If the price is right(they pay for the service)

As scaffolders are we that way that we would work for a good price on Christmas day

1/ Yes

2/ Yes and New Years Day

Part of the job when working on the rigs

yes too them all too the pts card comes in very handy this time of year too but not this year as the boys said you need time to live a little.

I'd work Xmas day at the drop off a hat. Not a big lover of this time of year so I'd be more than willing as long as I got other days in lieu to make up for it.
:blink:

For me i would never as long as i have family around me but if i were a single man then i might be tempted !

Would you work on christmas day ? - Yes... for £1000. I want mega money to work Christmas day tbh.

Has anyone ever worked on Christmas day ? - Id have thought so, lol.

Could you be tempted by a lot of money ? - Yes. :cool:

As scaffolders are we that way that we would work for a good price on Christmas day - I think so mate... take it whiles its there.

I thought I was going to work last Christmas day for double time, but that was cancelled. Think I'd need more than double to tempt me outside again now.

In Scotland Until 1973 Christmas Day Was Not A Holiday, New Year Was Always The Holiday, My Father Was A Glazier And Worked Christmas Day (It Was After The Building Trades Strike Of 1972 That It Became An Offical Holiday) And You Worked It For Straight Time .

That was a good year 1973 sunderland won the cup;)

nufc.gif

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/384410_248291518559903_171386076250448_615339_70166155_n.jpg

Just got in from work. Xmas day, 12 hours, today boxing day 10 hours £1,800 in the bank. Do it again? Fcking right.

I walked round our site with the Site Manager, on Tuesday afternoon, planning the work for the 9th Jan 2012 week.

Tuesday night, this guy has a massive stroke, worked for him for over 10 year as his Appointed Person, **** Graft, live life to the max.

I am 51 my boss is 55.:(

Top Bottom