Cheers lads

Zotsey

Reaction score
Well that's it lads, all completed, postal order got, certificates copied and everything sent off to upgrade my CITB card. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out with my badgering questions etc. Lol.
The guy I have to send everything off to - Garry Mortimer - was a welfare officer when I was a cecol student in '92 ! Popped a little note in with everything.
Mr Page who was head welfare officer will be long dead now, he was in his 70's when I was there. He was a really nice old bloke.

Anyway cheers lads

Well that's it lads, all completed, postal order got, certificates copied and everything sent off to upgrade my CITB card. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out with my badgering questions etc. Lol.
The guy I have to send everything off to - Garry Mortimer - was a welfare officer when I was a cecol student in '92 ! Popped a little note in with everything.
Mr Page who was head welfare officer will be long dead now, he was in his 70's when I was there. He was a really nice old bloke.

Anyway cheers lads

I was in cecol in 92 john Hargreaves was my instructor.I remember Mortimer, and page. Blast from the past, can you remember your gang number?

Yes rushie. We had John Hargreeves, and big fat Barry with the dodgey eye ! Lol. Had to look at his left one like or you couldn't tell where he was looking. John was brilliant, was always cadgin rollies off him. Me and Taffy bought him a pouch just before we left due to how many we had off him like !! I was in S85 mate. What gang were you in ?
Yeah Fred, big fat Cuban when my card comes ! Lol
Yeah Paddy mate, was a right laugh. Made some good friends.

Last edited:
Yes rushie. We had John Hargreeves, and big fat Barry with the dodgey eye ! Lol. Had to look at his left one like or you couldn't tell where he was looking. John was brilliant, was always cadgin rollies off him. Me and Taffy bought him a pouch just before we left due to how many we had off him like !! I was in S85 mate. What gang were you in ?
Yeah Fred, big fat Cuban when my card comes ! Lol
Yeah Paddy mate, was a right laugh. Made some good friends.

I was in S86 am sure, was that the same year or am getting it wrong, Simon from Middlesbrough rab from glasgow ( of course) Jason from Plymouth ring any bells with you? Stayed in touch with a couple of lads from Luton for a bit.any way enough of the old days, you took long enough getting your card did,nt you why so long?

Yes mate. Jason from Plymouth !! Was that suit dude ? S86 was same year. They split your gang up toward the end didn't they. We got Alan Pearson out of your gang into ours for the advanced course.
No mate got my CITB card after college, did my apprenticeship etc. Put nearly 10 years in then my mum got cancer and I took an office job so I could be close at hand as only son etc. Wanted to get back into the game and found I needed a CISRS card and had just missed the cut off date. So had to appeal to D.Mosely. Luckily it's been successful so I'll be swingin the spanners again shortly.
That's what all this is about mate

Yes mate. Jason from Plymouth !! Was that suit dude ? S86 was same year. They split your gang up toward the end didn't they. We got Alan Pearson out of your gang into ours for the advanced course.
No mate got my CITB card after college, did my apprenticeship etc. Put nearly 10 years in then my mum got cancer and I took an office job so I could be close at hand as only son etc. Wanted to get back into the game and found I needed a CISRS card and had just missed the cut off date. So had to appeal to D.Mosely. Luckily it's been successful so I'll be swingin the spanners again shortly.
That's what all this is about mate

Hope everything works out for you. Good luck, sounds like you deserve it.

Top Bottom