Catch 22 with "part 2" funding.

G4RY

Reaction score
I've recently been made redundant. I was working for Hertel at Grangemouth as a part 1. So, I decided to go and sign on the bru (reluctantly) to try n get funding for the part 2. To my surprise, they said I have a very strong case for full funding from some procurement fund as both the survival and part 1 were self funded... Only problem is, in order to make my claim stronger I need a letter from an employer stating there is a job there for me on completion... Typical eh! Catch 22.....

Not really, is there no one you can approach for such a letter?

Wish there was, don't really have any contacts, only been in the game for a year...

Start knocking doors round your way, there are plenty. You must have made some contacts after a year in Grangemouth.

Was only in Grangemouth for 2 months and previous to that 7 months at Clyde who I have bad blood with now...

Clyde Scaffolding? Were you ever down my way working for them?

It happens in this game. There will be plenty other's you can approach and even Clyde may consider doing you a letter.

True mate, worth a bash... I'm sure we done a few jobs for weather seal down ur way..

Seen them a few times, think they had some work on the islands as well.

Make sure you give them and everyone else a bash, think I would probably do it for a local lad.

Better coming from a local firm, think he would get one without too much difficulty, just have to knock enough doors.

A common error but just a country boy at heart.

Don't listen to forum gossip, more like the Highland Tinker.

hope u get the letter gary , keep tryin

never sign on reluctantly ( you pax tax and ni , so your claiming money u are entitled to

speak to wee bisset am sure when you tell him whats at stake he will write you a letter not a bad chap is wee scott,he takes you on for a week then if yous dont meet eye to eye then he can just let you go...........either way goodluck.

Top Bottom