Career change

bolo

Reaction score
Just wondered if any of you lot ever had any freinds change jobs and gone in to something completely diiffrent?A mate of mine has been a scaff for 15 years and think he has had enough of scaffolding!so have any of you got any advice for him so i can pass it on appreciate the knowlege :)

Once a scaffolder always a scaffolder!!

Well it used to be but not so sure these days :wondering:

I know quite a few lads that have tried other careers...
The big problem is the fact that there are not many other jobs were you get as much freedom as Scaffolding..;)

I no 1 who had given up on the game 18mths ago after 15 years getting to october then laid off till feb , so he got job a local supermarket shoving trollies , I nearly died when I saw him , we got talking he said I get paid monthly ,I know whats going in the bank,im 2 miles from home, I get to eye beautiful women up day upon day , what more could a man ask 4. True to his word he's still there and I must admit he looks happy as larry.

scaffold safety expert or a scaff thats about it dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would love to get out now

its not the job i side up for as a spotty teenager all those years ago

The problem with changing career is starting from the bottom again. The moneys always been pretty decent in the scaffolding game (unless your working for agencies). If I was going to get out of it I'd rent an old petrol station and open a car wash. 100 cars a day £5 a go and a couple of polish girls in bikinis :D

weve started our tour now lads im going to see it through these are bad times but iv had more good than bad and i think the good will come again hang in there scaffs.

gus and swifty,what have you signed,ive been scaffolding for 24 years now,and cant remember signing owt.**** have i been doing it wrong all these years.:D

Tried to get out of it 10 year ago, lasted 1 year and it sucks you back in.
once a scaff always a scaff.
it's the best game in the world:cry::cry::cry:

the best game in the summer months,winter time is a c-nt

H&S consultant, you dont need any qualifications, can charge up to 50k per anum, and plaque the l;ife out of scaffolders, even though you were on the Pipes,poles,planks,clamps and battens for 10 year plus.

i trained to be a domestic energy assessor ....k4.5 spent ...then housing market collapsed government went soft on hips then changed government ...

only did one job and was to lazy to send off the invoice for that even !!!!

waste of time ..although a lot of people ( not scaffs) were home inspectors K12 to train and no work

oh and tube straightening ( that was harder work than scaffolding) and only scaffy paid on time

so going back scaffing in feb i hope

Top Bottom