Care on escalators...please

lazlowoodbine

Reaction score
OK guys might be teaching some of you to suck eggs, but had some wuckfit scaffolder (I was one once(scaffolder, not a wuckfit)) decided to take a pole up an escalator holding it upright, it caught on a RSJ above and jammed on the steps, trashing 3 steps, 4 lengths of guides and about £5000 of damage.
Reminded me of a tool box talk video we had recently.
Take a look at this video, [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx3UjHPdooE]Man died from escalator accident - YouTube[/ame] . The guy in the video unfortunelatley died, the guy on my escalator got away with out a scratch, cost his gaffer a few quid and possibly the guys job, but please guys be careful... stay safe...

Laz

Welcome to the forum Lazlo, what a horrible way to die, the general public dont realise how dangerous escalators are especially if they are abused

Welcome laz,you would think these escalaters would detect a problem,and shut down instantly,imagine if a load of schoolkids had been riding it at the same time:worried:

Hi lazlo, welcome to the forum, but your credentials of being a scaff are under scrutiny as it's a tube not a pole. Still, don't wish to detract from your message too much even if you do think we are "Wuckfits".

How comes there was a herd of papchinks snapping photos like he is a celeb.... odd.

next time i buy a bloody great roll of xmas paper from asda and use the elevator think i will use the stairs after watching that!!!! dont no where elavator was but come on think it would of shut down as bigfish said exspecially in this country!!!!

What really scares me about this is it would be real easy to do , i could see a lot of lads trying to get gear up and doing the same thing

A guy in brum did the very same on a night shift in a shopping center,ripped right through the steps and ceiling. his name is lucky lenny. not so lucky that night

What really scares me about this is it would be real easy to do , i could see a lot of lads trying to get gear up and doing the same thing

Spot on Phillio Its the harmless looking bits of kit (escalator in the case)that when not used for it's intended purpose can rapidly become a killing machine.

as stated earlier you would think there would be a trip on it that when a certain amount of pressure is felt it shuts down as with cranes etc

Aye, every time the go lightlies would step on it it would cause chaos. :D

Aye, every time the go lightlies would step on it it would cause chaos. :D

i no someone that lost there jack russell it took the lift instead the owner was so angry he didnt feed him for 2 days

Top Bottom