card ********.

charlie big spuds

Reaction score
I know this has probably been done before, but here goes.

Recently renewing my card I realised how little this actually works and serves the operative. Just money to be paid and nothing to be gained by the operative, petty bureaucracy that doesn't seem to know an arse from an elbow..

Then I noticed that they have new smart readers that are going to make your card more secure. A chip and pin system I assume. Due to cards changing hands for a hundred pound plus by all accounts at the olympics. One downfall here is that they no longer will have an online card checking faciliity, telephone only, which is less than helpful and VERY time consuming. This could result in a situation where if you lost your card you would not be able to go on site. A very costly mistake, but hey who has never lost a card. I't won't be more secure as people will still find a way to forge just as they do chip and pin, just more cost to major contractor and impeding people trying to make an honest days pay.

Point two, ******* "base" cards, no lads this does not mean you are expert in getting high or allowing the other people to do so from the comfort of your hard work. merely that a non- scaffolder can effectively errect alloy, towers,... A job that could be given to a scaffold. And I know this is petty, but it smacks of double standards and cost saving, yeah I know a monkey could do it, but hey that monkey could be you or me charging a decent hourly rate and thus gainfully employed.

Been off the boil for a while so can anyone tell me what the other org's on here do? I have an ECITB card, but what about these other bodies advertised on here claiming to represent scaff's, any heads up would be appreciated.

Sorry for bitching, my big spuds must be getting full ! :mad:

Top Bottom