canadian scaffolder

native_skywalker

Reaction score
Lookin to work abroad . I have 15 yrs exp. In systems and tube & clamp and almost everything in between just need to know what tickets I need to do this thx brothers and cheers :cheesy:

Welcome to the forum mate if you choose London/uk there is actually quite a lot of work around at the moment as for tickets ( not sure if you are familiar with our system) we have cisrs cards green card is the bottom labourer and up to black card which is senior management, now the problem is that even tho you are a scaffolder you would have to start at the bottom ie labourer then in 6 months part 1 then another 6 months part 2 etc....

Now it is wrong IMHO but that's the way it is mate good luck

anyone who says tube and clamp might as well stick to using a hammer

anyone who says tube and clamp might as well stick to using a hammer

very educational statement pal.. WTF.. you could hardly knock a clamp wedge with your spanner hey... tube and clamp is a great system..

Where about are the training centers in Canada to do the 11 week scaffolding course. Anyone here done it?

Where about are the training centers in Canada to do the 11 week scaffolding course. Anyone here done it?

halifax Nova Scotia mate. i did it, they also do courses in Alberta, but sure there full apprentiship things, the 11 week is 8 weeks scaffolding, and the other 3 are rigging, fork lift, scissor lift and cherry picker, great training by the way.. pisses on ours...

Don't suppose you were Trained by Eddie were you Cas? Myself and Mick were in talks with the brotherhood to work in a training centre before we left. Obviously they didn't know we were illegal at the time :laugh:

halifax Nova Scotia mate. i did it, they also do courses in Alberta, but sure there full apprentiship things, the 11 week is 8 weeks scaffolding, and the other 3 are rigging, fork lift, scissor lift and cherry picker, great training by the way.. pisses on ours...

So... even going to Canada as a fully qualified Advanced Scaffolder, would i still need to sit this 11 week training course?
Sonds a bit much to me...

Dont they realise English Scaffolders are the best in the world? :)

Don't suppose you were Trained by Eddie were you Cas? Myself and Mick were in talks with the brotherhood to work in a training centre before we left. Obviously they didn't know we were illegal at the time :laugh:

Or ASRE either :nuts:

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

So... even going to Canada as a fully qualified Advanced Scaffolder, would i still need to sit this 11 week training course?

Don't go there before you go offshore mate. I am waiting for the full lowdown on modern day offshore platform life.
A friend of mine has just gone to Canada in a managerial role. No doubt he will be recruiting before long.

yes you would mate.. definately in Atlantic canada anyway..

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Or ASRE either :nuts:

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Don't go there before you go offshore mate. I am waiting for the full lowdown on modern day offshore platform life.
A friend of mine has just gone to Canada in a managerial role. No doubt he will be recruiting before long.

guy called glen mate.. very good scaffolder.. one of the best actually..

Top Bottom