Canadian Scaffolder working in the UK

terryaul

Reaction score
How would a Canadian scaffolder go about getting certified to work in the UK?

You need to start by getting a cscs card, 6 months site experience then go for your part 1, then 12 months later you could be doing your part 2 assessment providing you had done the part 2 course 6 months previously.

Not easy to work here unlike it is for us to come there and do the same thing.

How would a Canadian scaffolder go about getting certified to work in the UK?

I would recommend doing a 2 week layher course ( same as surelock/Allround ) then you could work straight away.. tube and fitting would take a long time to achieve your cards.. about 2 years at least to get basic card..

Don't work like that does it? How can someone who has done 2 day Layher course build a 60ft or however high scaffold without proper training?

Don't work like that does it? How can someone who has done 2 day Layher course build a 60ft or however high scaffold without proper training?

heres a shot in the dark VCLB... he states hes a canadian scaffolder.. doh.. so he wouldn't be starting from scratch.. and he probably knows more about erecting Allround than most in the UK....

I would recommend doing a 2 week layher course ( same as surelock/Allround ) then you could work straight away.. tube and fitting would take a long time to achieve your cards.. about 2 years at least to get basic card..

I wouldnt.
Your just going to limit youself to only Layher only work. Which is about 5% (if that).

You wanna learn how the Scaffold the British way, then you simply MUST learn to use Tube and Fitting. Unless ofcourse you wanna come here and go straight on the dole, which imo will happen if you try to cheat your way to a quicker and easier ticket.

Im guessing the guy only wants to come and work in the uk for a short time.. yes I agree if he wants to stay permanent, then do his CISRS cards.. but trust me boys, they are very good with Layher.. its not just towers and straight runs, you can do almost everything with it,

No, i make you right, Layher is awesome. Without a doubt the best System Scaffold on the market today.
But, unless he has a Layher job lined up, hes gonna be in trouble without even a Trainee card.

Well, having said that the man must have something lined up, because to come here in this climate, without any tickets and not much Tube and Fitting experience... well he'd be mental, lol.
Unless he was extremely lucky he would basically get nothing.
Not when theres pretty much thousands of decent and most importantly British qualified Scaffolders here all climbing over each other to get a job.

Id stay in Canada... the Beer there is probably better, the food might be too and unless your black with your trousers round your knees and a limp, youve got no chance with our young Women! lol.

No, i make you right, Layher is awesome. Without a doubt the best System Scaffold on the market today.
But, unless he has a Layher job lined up, hes gonna be in trouble without even a Trainee card.

Well, having said that the man must have something lined up, because to come here in this climate, without any tickets and not much Tube and Fitting experience... well he'd be mental, lol.
Unless he was extremely lucky he would basically get nothing.
Not when theres pretty much thousands of decent and most importantly British qualified Scaffolders here all climbing over each other to get a job.

Id stay in Canada... the Beer there is probably better, the food might be too and unless your black with your trousers round your knees and a limp, youve got no chance with our young Women! lol.

Eastiest way would be to tell them your from quebec and the canadian gov are persucting ypu. remember the words "asylum seeker". That way he'll get a house, free medical care, money for nowt and fastracked to a free scaffolding card.

Top Bottom