Can u helP?

Supa scaff

Reaction score
I want to know the best route to take to become a health and safety inspector/officer I am a part 2 Scaff just need the info as which road to take as haven't a clue I know there is a nebosh card involved but don't know what else would have to be done

Hello pal,
The best way is through the Nebosh route. I done mine about 2 yrs ago. I bought a disc off ebay, then studied it at home then just booked the exams which only cost me about 300 quid in all. You need to do the nebosh general cert 1st then you go on and do the construction, fire or enviromental if you want.
To be fair though I was a HSE man with cape on sellafield and it bored me shitless, it can be really really ******** at times especially when the majority of management have never turned a spanner in their life. You have to be prepared to drop the lads in it as well which I couldnt bring my self to do.
Its a queer road to go down mate, I`ve gone down the supervisors road now which is a hell of a lot better.

NEBOSH is a good start! I would recommend the Construction Certificate. There are various providers and colleges etc that offer this.
For a safety adviser, good communication skills are vital and you should work on this. It is important that you can deliver a convincing safety message to the lads or to manegment (or the client).
For me, good communication skills, knowing your job and actually having a passion for preventing accidents is much more important than a certificate!!
Good luck!!

lol , nice one , gettin a disc and studying the content of the nebosh while/before distance learnin/attending college seems a good way , a m8 done college weekly , been thinkin about that for what seems about 10 years , had the disc for 5

Top Bottom