burnspw

neil81

Reaction score
has anyone completed pts and recieved cards yet or offer of work ,burnspw was getting a lot of abuse on his profile over this ,seems to have gone quiet,was wanting to do course but had no feedback ?????

Good morning, soritng out North East lads with work after their course this weekend, gave contacts to a few others on here who did PTS elsewhere too.

why are you not posting the info on the forum like you said you would do?

There are five courses and medicals to organise for this month, l have given updates about Glasgow Queen Street, Newcastle, Manchester and Cardiff Stations, there are also two Metro stations in Newcastle starting at the end of this month, tell me where you are based and l will get details of bridge and station work in that area

The metro doesn't recognise PTS, its a totally different card altogher. I just don't see the need for all the secrecy, why not just post the details on the forum for all to see!

The metro doesn't recognise PTS, its a totally different card altogher. I just don't see the need for all the secrecy, why not just post the details on the forum for all to see!

Because Scaffolders (especially during recession) do NOT stick together.
Im alright Jack and all that...

Its how things are nowadays.

Thats True Enough Jason, Thats The Way Its Gone The Past Three Or Four Years Im Afraid.

jason u seem to be in the know anything happenin in london for pts

Not really mate.
Bits and bobs popping up, but its proper dead out there atm.

I passed a few numbers over yesterday to a couple of mates who are looking (non-PTS work), good blokes too.
But other then that nothing... ill be out of work myself in a few weeks, when this little demo job im on comes to an end.

There SHOULD be loads of Railway work about, seeing as tracks/stations need constant maintenance, but its gotta be getting held back or something.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Thats True Enough Jason, Thats The Way Its Gone The Past Three Or Four Years Im Afraid.

*nods* Recession mate. :sad2:

I've always seen a PTS as a way to top up your earnings rather than something to make a living from. We were making a fortune on tone back in the day doing normal work daytime then out on the rail at night. If anything the pts rstes have gone back. We were getting 200 a night 12 -5 am back then. I don't think its going tbe the cash cow people think it i. Looking at the rates on london bridge even they wetent that good, 1500 take home aint great for 84 hours a week!

ill just have to keep lookin i suppose something will turn up fingers crossed cheers anyway

I've always seen a PTS as a way to top up your earnings rather than something to make a living from. We were making a fortune on tone back in the day doing normal work daytime then out on the rail at night. If anything the pts rstes have gone back. We were getting 200 a night 12 -5 am back then. I don't think its going tbe the cash cow people think it i. Looking at the rates on london bridge even they wetent that good, 1500 take home aint great for 84 hours a week!

True.
Bread and butter work. ;)

Top Bottom