Bulk buy diesel.

Tony Mason

Reaction score
Any of you guys got your own diesel tank to run your fleet of vechiles. Is there a big saving by buying it this way. Thanks Tony.

Ive looked into it but tbh by the time uve bought a bund with al the spill kit etc as well as the pumping equipment etc any money saved would take ages..as well as the cost of filling & paying for the fuel in advance unless uve got a mega good cash flow- i costed it if you were using less than 2500ltrs a week the savings to outlay wasnt really ecconomical viable so for us it was fuel cards which worked out cheeper than the pump prices & weekly invoiced by D/D.

Same as us SP, insurance is another problem and security is a whole new ball game. The cops told me if I was thinking about it, I would be better making it not too difficult for them as they would just destroy the bund to get at the fuel. We burn about 2K a month on fuel but have an account with a local garage who bills us monthly.

we never fill the lorrys up anymore we have had the tanks emptyed a couple of times so we leave the tanks unlocked now as they just put a hole in the bottom of them the last time, so if we got it in bulk they would have a field day with that.

Spot on comments from both aom & bsafe1 although its been many years since we had he tank drained on a lorry after id filled it up the night b4....we're in a secure yard now & tbh anyone after deisel would get a better result from a bus fleet in another part of it & its true about leavng your cap unlocked...but it shiit that you av to think like this. New tank cap & fitting would cost more than the deisel it secures

Top Bottom