BS standard

R

ragscaff

I know I am going to get shot down by a lot of people here with this one.

Why change BS standard.

Loads of money spent on TG's & SG's why not just upgrade the current standard?

Why spend all that time & money changing something that only wanted tweaking!!

The amount of man hours between accidents of scaffolders has never been an issue! Falls from heights have, which includes slips & trips!!

Would like to know how much input the BS guys had in this. Will contact them & let you know.

Ragscaff

Couldn't agree more...although its now way too late!

What happened was Europe IMPOSED what was basically a code for system scaffolds on the UK. 12811-1. It shows things like platform dimensions...even the diagrams show system! The BIG one was it stated the platform needed to be clear...in other words...NO ledger braces.

In my opinion what should have happened is the British standard should have been adopted across Europe for tube and fitting scaffolds...with the current Euro codes applying to system.

After all at the end of the day TG20 simply ignores the 12811-1 clause staing clear access is required.

Couldn't agree more...although its now way too late!

What happened was Europe IMPOSED what was basically a code for system scaffolds on the UK. 12811-1. It shows things like platform dimensions...even the diagrams show system! The BIG one was it stated the platform needed to be clear...in other words...NO ledger braces.

In my opinion what should have happened is the British standard should have been adopted across Europe for tube and fitting scaffolds...with the current Euro codes applying to system.

After all at the end of the day TG20 simply ignores the 12811-1 clause staing clear access is required.

gogin of topic but just to show you how much of a joke the eu is

everything the british do should be adopted in europe instead of the other way round just and example the uk motorbike helmets were test to the high levels and are by far the best helmets so when introducing a standard in the eu did they use the uk top helmet no but the spanish standards on motorbike hlmets i mean come on its going to save your life use the best you can the eu is a joke on all levels the only thing i can think of the eu have adopted in terms of standards it battery hens uk spent million upgrading them to set eu standards and the rest of eu are knocking eggs out inshoe boxes pffff lol

Letters,numbers and yet more regs,ffs a man just wants to do his days work.
Please bring back the good auld days when a scaff thought the job out and just knocked it up ffs.

Top Bottom