Brother from another mother in need

Spunkywads26

Reaction score
I really need some help.

I submitted a RAMS to a client for them to obtain a street permit but the council have rejected it based on a few minor technicalities.

They want to know about pedestrian segregation and barriers etc...

In my RAMS it states that this is the responsibility of the principal contractor (client) but these people are a very good customer and have little experience in this (like me to be honest).

The job is going up and down in the same day so I suggested doing it off book but they are a bit apprehensive and wanted to go the legit route.

HELP

Just gotta include placing cones, barriers and sighs to prevent public ingress before work starts , maybe stick a lad to usher the public away

Mate, it is the responsibility of the main contractor to take care of such things. Presumably you'll be lifting the base lift out of the way to allow passage of the pavement and covering the standards with foam etc? If it was me, I'd arrange with your man for your firm to be there early doors to kick it off (before the public are out and about) and strip it in the evening (again, when its quieter). It is a risk though, without the permit.

). It is a risk though, without the permit

and protection

I wouldn't risk it to be honest spunkywads, it is no big deal should they find you have done it without a permit but why run the risk of getting labelled a cowboy to help out a client?

For such a small job, we usually price them to go up on a Sunday or late evening early morning in that order, anything to minimise disrupting the public. Your client may well be inexperienced but again I would educate him rather than take all the responsobility from him for the job. You know what's needed, tell him provide it for him and charge him the going rate and the permit will be accepted no problem and everyone will be happy.

It's probably very different where you are but round here we only have 2 issuing authorities, the local council and transerve Scotland who do the main trunk roads and all my clients get a permit no problem as they get to know very quickly who does it right and who doesn't.

I replied to their email with necessary points and now waiting for a reply. I even did a rough diagram based on a google street map to illustrate it.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck with it, nightmare trying to keep them all happy.

:laugh::laugh:

Maybe but I get the job done.:cool:

Top Bottom