Brief question...

Veno

Reaction score
Sat doin my part one (second day in) and some of the lads are flapping about failing and not passing their test. Anyone know anyone whose ever "failed" their part 1 course? is it possible?

Tell the lads to relax Veno i aint never heard of anyone failing any scaffold course
Its all training until you do your Assessments and even then your only tested on what you have been taught , so tell the lads to pin back their ears and listen to the instructor stop fu cking about and it will all be fine ;)

Haha thought as much. Cheers lads. By the way. Does a Cscs card count as your site safety pass?

No cscs and site safety passport two different cards mate

**** crack that like. If ya not gonna test people properly I don't see the point in doin it.

**** crack that like. If ya not gonna test people properly I don't see the point in doin it.
Easy answer is,if ya don't do the course ya don't get the card.
I got my advanced card at 18 yrs old wot a joke!!
Nearly 25 yrs later I'm still learnin new things.
Finish the course then learn the trade,good luck youngun.

Good post Mick.

Veno, you won't fail the course but if you don't listen to what you are being told it could set you up for a fail later. Most of the boys I see talk about the practical side being easy but the theory side being boring and needless. I see it as, how can you build the jobs if you don't know the rules, they go hand in hand. Enjoy the course, and make the most of your time there.

no chance mate im doin my part 2 assesment right now and instructor passed 3 boys on the truss out without them wven finishing the job,farce

To be honest I can tell a scaffolder from the way he picks up a tube so maybe the instructor had seen enough to see they were scaffs.
Or else it could be they just pass anyone these days, take the money and keep churning them out that seems to be happening with these new training schools.
Where was it?

Was the same crack offshore as well, as soon as they saw the Aberdeens going in on the trade test you got a seat on the chopper, if they didn't go in you still got a seat on the chopper.

Easy answer is,if ya don't do the course ya don't get the card.
I got my advanced card at 18 yrs old wot a joke!!
Nearly 25 yrs later I'm still learnin new things.
Finish the course then learn the trade,good luck youngun.

that just about sums the cisrs up mick lol!!!! or do what the ecitb scaffolders did but the other way round learn the trade for 2 decades then go back to collage for your tickets again. lmfao what a shambles this trade is lol!!!!

Top Bottom