Brickies rule the sites nowadays

S

steveo south east

Annoying brickies on my site have 40 plots not finished, we are chasing them to finish them as site manager is a worm and has no spine. It wouldn't be so bad if they were to complete 1 block before they start another but they keep starting more and leaving a two man gang to finish off the others.So i told the seniour site manager again and he said role down your trousers as no shorts sre aloud! :evil:

They are obviously chasing the cash Steveo. It's going to mean a lot of material to feed them all, I hope it was priced accordingly.

I dont deal with pricing, but my boss is no mug, they havent cleaned up a section today site manager said it ready for us i ask him if he thought that was fuckin acceptable he kick me off site for swearing at him lol.
This is the thanks you get for trying.

Feck him, you are quite right. It's a hard enough job without cleaning up after the brickies. Take a picture when you complete a lift and tell him you will adapt or raise whatever you're next move is when it's returned to the original condition. Can you play the health and safety card, tell him the rubble is dangerous or dust is causing you breathing difficulties or some other nonsense to make him think.

Thanks AOM going to enjoy the sunshine before it goes!

I dont deal with pricing, but my boss is no mug, they havent cleaned up a section today site manager said it ready for us i ask him if he thought that was fuckin acceptable he kick me off site for swearing at him lol.
This is the thanks you get for trying.

Might aswell chin him then...

He say's his gaffer is no mug and I hope he is right Hatter. I have been caught out once or twice with this and have one on the go at the minute where I priced a job along with another half dozen firms and they told me to go ahead with the first one but would need to discuss the budget further as it's over. I did the first 4 blocks then all of a sudden I am being held to their budget for the remaining 8 blocks. I still think I will be OK as the gear is on site and I can just send men round no truck to strip and move. Now they are never off the phone wanting more and more gear. I know it's my own fault but it is just so easy to get sucked in. The only good thing about it is the yard is almost empty and the boy's are working.

My Boss says I can go back if I apologise we both started laughing loudly

next time you stripping or altering a block just scream the next feking bricky to leave out on the lift am gonna wrap my spanner round there feking head always works especially if there on the next plot to you .....and ya charge hands 6ft 7 19 stone :laugh:

Top Bottom