Brickguard Alert

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
S

scaffoldingsafetyservices

It has been brought to our attention that a supplier in Sheffield has been phoning around companies telling them that the existing brickguards are illegal. You must invest in this new product, which in turn this person is manufacturing.

As far as im aware there is nothing set in stone about this. I would imagine that the next version of TG20 will have something in it due to these people abusing their roles within the governing body to line their pockets.

It never ends . These are called BRICKGUARDS and the aim of there purpose is to stop BRICKS going through it.
Anything smaller then this is where NETTING or SHEETING is used.

Last edited:
Huh... :suspicious: well as we all know legislation, corruption and money all go hand in hand.

NASC Guidance SG10:08 - Requirements For Use of Brickguards:-

'The type, method of fixing, load bearing requirements and positioning of brickguards are subject to the risk assessment prepared by the user or person who controls the way in which any construction work is carried out'

All brickguards should be subject to a load test to be fit for purpose

brickguards???? why bother when brickies spend half there time chucking half bricks off 3rd lift into skips.sorry had to be said

i love the new brickgaurds easy to stack easy to store you can't cut yourself on them unless they are banded up and you use a stanley to cut them free new brickgaurd's are thumbs up the best thing since impact driver's:wacko:

There was a story going round that a certain plastic brickyard didn't conform and was illegal.
I know this cos when we were assessed for our latest NASC audit about 3 months ago, the guy that came round to inspect the sites and our yard (who knew sod all other than statistics) showed us a new brickyard that he just happened to have in the back of his car.The cheeky ******* was going round working for NASC auditing companies, and promoting someones new plastic brickyard that he was getting a bung off.If we weren't so concerned about making sure we got our accreditation, I would have shoved it up his arse.Must admit, they did look ok though.

There was a story going round that a certain plastic brickyard didn't conform and was illegal.
I know this cos when we were assessed for our latest NASC audit about 3 months ago, the guy that came round to inspect the sites and our yard (who knew sod all other than statistics) showed us a new brickyard that he just happened to have in the back of his car.The cheeky ******* was going round working for NASC auditing companies, and promoting someones new plastic brickyard that he was getting a bung off.If we weren't so concerned about making sure we got our accreditation, I would have shoved it up his arse.Must admit, they did look ok though.

Where was the company that got audited based, its probably the same people.

Plastic brick guards are fab. I have spent many a time trying to seperate two metal ones or even worse a whole bundle of the cu.nts.

Only prob with the plastic ones is the hooks tend to fall off easily.

i know its a little more work and boards but why not just toe board to the top of the handrail got to be cheaper than brick guards and stronger or is it the strongbow talking for me lol!!

Yea! Good one Dico,:idea:and if you take boards all the way up,no need for Monaflex.:toung:

just waiting for the person with the correct handrail height to work out how many 9 inch boards will fit i couldnt be bothered but some one will lol!!! frederick monoflex surley this would leak good job youve got the same humour as me lol!!!

Haha ,you started it Dico.Wouldnt flap about tho! Woudnt need handrails either.

just waiting for the person with the correct handrail height to work out how many 9 inch boards will fit i couldnt be bothered but some one will lol!!! Frederick monoflex surley this would leak good job youve got the same humour as me lol!!!

not if you ship lapped them;)

Top Bottom