Bribes

joebag

Reaction score
How many bribes do you think a certain training provider has given to get a contract in Iraq and was this money gained from the Governments train to Gain Schemes ?

Is that the one you incinuated that began with a S ? ( not the one in notts)

I think I know what you are referring to joebag. It is known as commission in certain parts not a bribe. Also referred to as "the brown envelope".
It is an accepted way to do business in some parts and the old saying is that if you dont do it as well you wont get any work.
Quite common in the UK as well with many recorded cases in the construction industry over the years.
There are rumours that even Noah took a backhander from a timber supplier when it came over a bit cloudy!!

Worked in quite a few countries and found that a lot of consultancy fees pass hands, totally above board on the books 100% kosher, except nothing of real value is in the consultancy.

Note the first 3 letters CONsultancy.

Another popular version is running a team of engineers, etc where 1 or 2 or so are bums on seats on reimbursable works, again all kosher.

I remember a story about a big pub in London, the gaffer was watching one of the staff, reckoned he was blagging, hired a PI, video tapes n all, PI comes back with nothing all 12 tills are bang on, the gaffer says we have 11 tills!!

Where there is a will, theres a way lads.

Cant fault them joe the way i see it its a british company who will probably employ a few (not many) brits.if it keeps the british standard the most sought after then why not
they have been actively seeking out work in the middle east for a few years and it certainly seems to have bore fruit
i know of a couple of guys out there and all scaffs and i salute everyone who goes to iraq and really does put their lives on the line;)

Can't be any more dangerous than doing the multi's in Maryhill.;)

Top Bottom