BREAKING: CITB to close provision of services and products to international centres

Garry Adams had the info already but thanks again teeside for this important bit of info
THERE DOES SEEM TO BE A WEE BIT PF PANIC FROM THE OVERSEAS TICKET PROVIDERS from what I read in that scaffmag peice;)

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

TEESIDE can you please PM me its for some info on an old Borro Scaff ;)

Very good piece indeed with a lot more detail to come…

If this is a Government driven decision I would expect a dramatic increase of CITB activity in the UK leading to more Apprenticeships…

Still can't understand why CITB International pulled the plug on an expanding and lucrative Market Place, leading Provider Globally…just don't make sense to me…

I had an application for a Training Facility in progress and one pending, looks like thats not going to progress…something catastrophic must have happened in a short space of time…shock waves felt on a massive scale…not sure where we go now for Accreditation, perhaps, ECITB or Approved Training Providers, which raises an other question Approved by whom ???

I just love this game, keeps one on his toes LOL...

Garry

you was applying for accreditation in the middle east or in the UK ? depends on where you are, things are changing and to be honest I heard whispers of this years ago when CISRS first came into the middle east - gentlemen's agreements.

I might be able to help

cheers
OB

“As CISRS are a forward thinking organisation I’m confident that they will explore agreeable solutions to enable genuine candidates progress within the CISRS overseas scheme. Many organisations and individuals outside of the U.K. have wrongly assumed for years that this was the authentic UK scheme whilst of course the UK based CISRS scheme is the original and widely accepted training route. We expect there to be more clarity from CITB in the coming weeks and days regarding their exit strategy.”

Haha, just goes to show what wee fat Rik knows.:D

@ outward bound…

I have had dealings in the Middle East in the past, however, on this occasion locations were Brunie and Baku ( Pending )…

Thank you for the offer of assistance, however, I have elected to change tack form Training and dedicate more time to a Research and Developement Project what Iv been working on for quite some time now…Best regards, Garry...

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

@ lmk…what ever the outcome…lets just hope that Scaffolders don't come out holding the shity end of the stick...

no worries, im looking into other things at the moment myself, hope it works for you, im pretty sure it will be handed over to CISRS and the CISRS will automatically replace the cards with the CISRS cards without doing a conversion course. all fine and well apart from the CISRS and CITB being different providers and will most probably cause problems amongst other training providers in the middle east - remember these are only training companies providing a course which is supposedly standardized...

I'll still be involved with our Industry, however, Training Facility Set-ups are becoming a bit too Political for me in these modern times…

With regard to your comments CISRS…I concur...

middle east requirements - V - uk standards CISRS can be political when being compared to any training provider. But no one can have a CISRS center here unless they have a CISRS center in the uk ...

Since the conception of the CITB ( Scaffolders Record of Training ) there have been many changes during the years, NASC/CISRS have generated a massive amount of data relating to our Industry and are the only Organisation with the resources and support services required to fill the CITB International void…

I have it on some authority that this withdrawal from overseas operations is due to pressure from higher sources in Government. CITB are sponsored by the Department of Education. In short, how can they be putting all their energies into training the British construction industry when they have many overseas interests to direct? They can't so they've been told to wind it up. Cue CISRS to come and pick up the pieces. I doubt they'll accredit existing cards. Why do that when you can charge them to start from the bottom up as happened here with the ECITB fiasco?
Licence to print money.

Last edited:
STONER i had the very same thoughts on a phone conversation with Garry a couple of weeks ago.
CITB are a charity and as you rightly pointed out a government sponsored one
Great post pal;)

Top Bottom