braked ginny wheels

scaffy 1980

Reaction score
Good evening lads.

Just a query.
just started a job on the university of b'ham for interserve and the project manager asked why we wernt using a braked ginny wheel. Now i told him to fxxck off and told him that in sg9:08 it doesnt state that ginny wheels need to be braked.

So its just for clarification, cos i cant find anything in the new tg20:13 book about braked wheels.....has anyone else had this issue on site ????

Braked gin wheels are as rare as rocking horse sh*t

Rope man is controller of the gin wheel speed of revolutions when in use does he need a ticket ?

I got a couple in stock but rarely use em tbh there a bit of a pain in the butt- but can be operated by 1 person.trouble is they fall under lola & its not worth the cost to get them retested

Used one a few years ago, how are you supposed to break a longun in and release yhe break at the same time. Or was I just doing it all wrong!!

the braked ginnys are a pain in the erse
the foot on the rope should always suffice;)
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A NEED FOR ROPE AND WHEEL OR HANDLINE NO MATTER WHAT YEAR IT IS.GOOD WAY OF FINDING OUT IF THE NEW RECRUIT IS UP FOR THE CUT

Wot surprises me are the amount of qualified scaffs that cant do a rolling hitch(eh Lee lol)

U know - the olde rabbit runs around the tree & down the hole knot lol

Top Bottom