bow scaffolding

well gone that lot !!! Was it any good ?

If memory serves me right they took an sgb handbook, modified it, then re-covered it with a Bow scaffolding cover.

Bow as in Michael Bowketts firm that went bust after the Mitie buy out?

Bow -EPL - mitie access - Bow - bust !

Both Mitie and Beaver now Alltrad.

do u mean Generation (as in after the buyout from mitie) and beaver are now owned by Altrad mate ??

Generation sold up to Mitie when Alan Lancaster owned it , then Marc Clifford and Alan Wilkinson brought generation back off them (MBO)

Mitie devulged all there scaffold and powered access businesses at the same time a fair few years back

Sorry Scaffy, I do mean Generation and yes they and Beaver are now Alltrad. They are still working independently up here but only a matter of time as they are both chasing the same work but Generation is winning hands down.

Yes that appears to be the same down south as well

What lorry have yu got for sale ??

Man 7.5 tonner. Going for MOT tomorrow, it's a good sturdy truck but pretty old.

It's an old Y reg but pretty low miles but can't remember what they are exactly. I was thinking about selling it as a chassis as I have an eye on a 12 that would swap right over. Looking for maybe £1500 but haven't really looked into it too much. What dya reckon.

If memory serves me right they took an sgb handbook, modified it, then re-covered it with a Bow scaffolding cover.

Your best part right but with what I feel may be the wrong inference.
The book was a compilation of information collected over three quarters of a century from a wide verity of sources manufacturers, suppliers, safety representatives and not least scaffold designers/engineers. This is mentioned on the first page of the book.
The original book was created around 15 years ago by SGB Engineers for training, education and reference purposes using information and details collated and provided by SGB Engineers. This book was created and issued free of charge to all SGB site operatives at a not an inconsiderable cost in time and money.
10 years ago an SGB Engineer then went to Bow and recreated and rebranded the book in his own time, for no fee, adding and subtracting what was new and obsolete to suit what were the current regs and requirements.
The Original Bow book was then revised and reissued after around 2 years in circulation again to meet with industry changes. This book was also created and issued free of charge to all Bow site operatives at a not an inconsiderable cost in time and money.
The books died out with Bow but I believe the electronic copy still exists somewhere but would again need serious looking at to accommodate the current requirements.

Last edited:
Your best part right but with what I feel may be the wrong inference.
The book was a compilation of information collected over three quarters of a century from a wide verity of sources manufacturers, suppliers, safety representatives and not least scaffold designers/engineers. This is mentioned on the first page of the book.
The original book was created around 15 years ago by SGB Engineers for training, education and reference purposes using information and details collated and provided by SGB Engineers. This book was created and issued free of charge to all SGB site operatives at a not an inconsiderable cost in time and money.
10 years ago an SGB Engineer then went to Bow and recreated and rebranded the book in his own time, for no fee, adding and subtracting what was new and obsolete to suit what were the current regs and requirements.
The Original Bow book was then revised and reissued after around 2 years in circulation again to meet with industry changes. This book was also created and issued free of charge to all Bow site operatives at a not an inconsiderable cost in time and money.
The books died out with Bow but I believe the electronic copy still exists somewhere but would again need serious looking at to accommodate the current requirements.
Alan my man av you tired Little legs or Bruno as they always nicked something from each company they worked for when they left

Alan my man av you tired Little legs or Bruno as they always nicked something from each company they worked for when they left

You may be right Bouffont but I bet they both contributed more than they took.:blink1:
It's not me that needs the book, I already have a copy, If I spent enough time I guess I could find the eletronic original as well.
It would be well out of date now though.

I guess we must know each other?
regards
Alan

You may be right Bouffont but I bet they both contributed more than they took.:blink1:
It's not me that needs the book, I already have a copy, If I spent enough time I guess I could find the eletronic original as well.
It would be well out of date now though.

I guess we must know each other?
regards
Alan

Cant be the little legs and Bruno i know the lazy usless nogood ponceys. when they came back to SGB they were the biggest piss takers on this land

Alan, Bouffont,

I worked with both Bruno and Little Legs a few years ago where are they now ??

Last time i saw little legs he was at langhams. Meal cost him a bag of sand.

Top Bottom