bosiet expires while offshore

manly7385

Reaction score
I go off on monday 3rd of december for two weeks which takes me to the 17th but my bosiet runs out on the 9th will i be ok to go go out even though it runs out while im on???

Cheers lads

I suppose it could have changed but the simple answer is no. Your company should have flagged this up and arranged a refresher.

This happen to me around 8 years ago with RBG, they let me go offshore from the heliport but when I got offshore the OIM told me I had to go off before it expired. RBG phoned the OIM and he told them it was his discretion and he wanted me off. When I got off I was 2 days overdue and RGIT told me I would have to do the full 5 day course, when I told them I had been offshore RGIT told me I should have got a letter from the OIM saying I was offshore, If I had had a letter I would have been able to do the refresher.
So all in all yes you can go offshore but get a letter off the OIM. This was 8 years ago by the way.

It was RBG I was thinking off and they always had your refresher booked before you went off you always had to go back north early to do it.

It was probably 12 years ago now though.

Thanks for all your input lads can always count on the forum i went ahead and booked my refresher for friday so i cover myself so im ok now but really appreciate itm lads once again thanks

Remember if you go to sit a refressher course you will have to sit the full duration of the course again becaue your cert is out of date,If you go and sit your course before it runs out you will only need to do a one day refresher

My cert doesnt run out untill december 9th and my refreshers this friday so im cool mate :bigsmile:

Top Bottom