booked my part 1 for november 28th

markus

Reaction score
hi guys after trying to get into scaffolding with no luck for a while now i decided to book my part 1 and fund it myself in the hope of improving my chances of getting a start. any thoughts of if ive done the right thing. cheers

I payed for all my training myself when i wasnt earning a lot...........money well spent, never been out of work since and been over seas now for 10+ years :) go for it and good luck

Hi marcus, good luck to you mate but just wondering have you ever actually done any scaffolding/labouring at all?
I always tell people to get a start as a labourer and learn the ropes before worrying about qualifications and stuff, i have worked with loads of so called part 1/2 scaffs that could not even labour properly. As i have said before you need to be a good labourer first to be a good scaff.
Probably sounds like im trying to put you off here and im not doing that mate just i see so many people trying to jump the gun and get on the spanners... I cant believe you cant get on a firm as a labourer? But anyway good luck with your course and hope all works out for you.....

hello mate i have done a bit labouring in the past yes. and im hoping my part 1 will get me a start even as a labourer as i have rang just about every company in my area with no luck so hopefully part 1 will help is get in somewhere. i dont expect to get on the spanners as a cowboy lol

Ok mate, the way your post read as if youve never done it before and getting part 1 would get you a job as a scaffolder! If youve laboured previously and cant get on anywhere then sure go for it it may open a door somewhere, good luck....

Go for it Markus. Your chances have to be better with a part 1 than with nothing. And make sure you claim tax relief on the cost of the course if you do start work

Markus

Take ownership of your own Training Program and you will owe no allegiance to anyone but yourself---good luck...

Agree entirely Gaz..pay your own way,and owe nothing to anybody..one day hopefully we too can be merceneries...

Top Bottom