Bonus scheme

guthrie

Reaction score
Right just wondering what people think of this. A local North East firm pay there part 1's £8ph, part £2's 9ph and adv £10. Ano them rates are shocking, but majority of the work is price and they've came up with this bonus scheme. Right just say for instance if your squad is made up of a part 1, 2 and an advanced scaffolder your flat weekly wage would be £1053 but for your bonus to kick in you have to make an extra 22% on that which gives you £1284.66 then any thing you make after that, is classed as your bonus which you also get a 13% squad charge deduction off. So just say you get a price job and the company says it's £2000

Job £2000
squad weekly wage £1053
Squad wage plus 22% £1284.66.
Bonus = £715.34
bonus minus 13% squad charge £622.35

Then you divide that by your squad

advanced 40%=£248.94
Part2 35% =£217.82
Part1 25% =£155.59

Then you get that bonus in 2 weeks on top of your flat wage.

Ano it's a head f**k and believe me it took me longer and f**ked my head more trying to explain it ! The thing that gets me with this price system is that the jobs your are getting are not actually worth what they are said to be. Any feed back would be much appreciated.

Thanks Guthrie.

It's hard to tell without knowing what you are getting for a particular job. Seems overly complicated for your average scaff to work out but that's maybe what they are wanting. The truth is though, it's their ball and they can do what they like with it.

Does that last part get added on to your 40 hours at the rate your on ie 248.94 + 40 hours at £10 ph

What a load of bo llocks that is,

price work , Job worth £2000
2 handed fixer and labourer 65%-35% split = £700 for labourer and £1300 for fixer thats the way i always done price work.

Yes aom complicated is defiantly the word, and ano what you mean about the price but all the jobs are different prices. Yea benjo except it's 39 hours a week.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

And phill that's what I thought. But that's what you get for thinking haha

Jog on to another outfit mate, unless stephen hawkings suddenly got on the twirl no kunt could sus that out and that is exactly why they have done it....tax dodge for them shut it down in a year or two and reopen different name with loads of gear paying day rate :D

Been into the office there asked for the bonus scheme on paper and they point blank refused. I asked were these deductions were going and they said tax and national insurance, so I then asked why these deductions are not on my wage slip. The top and bottom of it is, I got told if I don't like it look for another job. So I'm looking else were but I wanna know if there's any thing or any one I can contact to get to the bottom off this thanks Guthrie

Never heard of such a complicated way to pay guys & tbh its prob above the intelligence of the average spanner- which theyre expecting so as to be able to make it jp as they go along.but they do have a legal obligation to show on paper where these deductions ars going & for what cis /paye as you need revords to show hmrc....
it could be some complicated away to avoid the new paye v cis employment law coming into force on the 5th of april. Personally i wouldnt want to get involved as a scaff its allways best to know what ur earning up front ,bonus or no bonus!

If its a nasc member contact nasc

or contact the tax man

or asked them to update your contract of employment with these new pay structure.

Better still name them on here so we all can aviod them.

On reading your thread this is a very complex way of making you graft to earn an average wage and also there is a double edge sword involved here mate .
I take it your on paye so in all you are pulling your bag out to earn wages but lets say when it come to bank holidays and your annual leave and your Christmas holidays you are only paid holiday pay on your basic rate bonus's are not an entitlement they are to be earned .
So you can look it in two ways you have to pull ur bag out and ur entitlements are paid at basic rate ,
so the rates for part 1 ,2 an advance will only be paid on their entitlements at their 8hr rate a lot of companies add bonus schemes to boost the rate up ok pal

Thanks lads, I'll be leaving as soon as I secure employment else were. Cheers.

This is why I refuse to work in the North East. It's terrible a man has to leave his home town for work, but this what you are up against - a load of fookin bandits trying to stripe you up for your money. I did a couple of days for a an agency up there and worked with a lad who thought £700 take home was good money for 5 10 hr shifts and all day sat and sun - what chance have you got with that mentality!

iam pissed and that looks shi!! the rates are getting beter out there the £120 and £130are dying the ££££ or%%% are going up out there!! its a scaffolders market at moment if itr ante there at end of week move on mate fookem!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom