Boarding out

Gad

Reaction score
Hoping to get a wee bit of assistance on here with something that i think has become an issue out here with my scaffolders

Basically somebody has came up with the great idea of setting the scaffolds out backwards
ie: the longest dimension that would normally be the ledger is now the Aberdeen and then putting the Aberdeen ontop and using that as the ledger and trannying out on top of that and running the boards the shortest dimension

Are there any official specifications or guidelines as to how a scaffold should be trannied and boarded out

When you see that they have boarded out a 12ft x 5ft with 5ft boards it kind of get s to you haha

(forgot to mention that they are still kicking the scaffold off as you normally would but when it comes to the working lift all the bay sizes are shot to feck)

Hoping to get a wee bit of assistance on here with something that i think has become an issue out here with my scaffolders

Basically somebody has came up with the great idea of setting the scaffolds out backwards
ie: the longest dimension that would normally be the ledger is now the Aberdeen and then putting the Aberdeen ontop and using that as the ledger and trannying out on top of that and running the boards the shortest dimension

Are there any official specifications or guidelines as to how a scaffold should be trannied and boarded out

When you see that they have boarded out a 12ft x 5ft with 5ft boards it kind of get s to you haha

(forgot to mention that they are still kicking the scaffold off as you normally would but when it comes to the working lift all the bay sizes are shot to feck)
Sounds like they need to go on a part 1a..!

If you take on something big you will need some amount of 5ft boards. The old haki used to have a wood grating that went ledger to ledger but they board transom to transom now. It's madness to work like that IMO

hoping to get a wee bit of assistance on here with something that i think has become an issue out here with my scaffolders

basically somebody has came up with the great idea of setting the scaffolds out backwards
ie: The longest dimension that would normally be the ledger is now the aberdeen and then putting the aberdeen ontop and using that as the ledger and trannying out on top of that and running the boards the shortest dimension

are there any official specifications or guidelines as to how a scaffold should be trannied and boarded out

when you see that they have boarded out a 12ft x 5ft with 5ft boards it kind of get s to you haha

why ??

That as got to be on of the most fcukin stupid ideas ive ever heard lol & defo made by either a windip merchant or someone without a scooby doo

That sounds like an advert for the Cpd (or whatever it's called) course that cisrs are launching/forcing on us.
a scaffold spanner can be a handy tool in the right hands, obviously not in this case ;)

is ther any more ways this game can get anymore fooked up...fook me!!!!!

Should have said in the original post but this is with guys offshore in Angola so no proper training or qualifications

I really need proper documentation on it as my Angolan b2b seems to think that its ok to do it and im fed up ripping down his jobs and doing them again

There are system scaffods that have this facility, Haki for instance but for specific reasons which you could look into yourself.

Not the best idea in T&F I feel not least because of the untold amount of short boards and how to store and ship them.
You would also be required to fix every board due to its length, yes you may already be required to clip boards off shore but now you have twice as many boards to clip thus twice the fittings.
Note it take the same time to lay and clip a 4m board as a 1.5m board thus your board labour has just increased by around 260%

Top Bottom