blocking lifts

S

southernpoofter

Thought i'd seen pretty much most things hse stupid but the blocking lift i've seen today was so low to the ground that the clips had to be put on upside down to access the bolts ....so about 3in high complete wiv double handrail and toe and brickguards

Thought i'd seen pretty much most things hse stupid but the blocking lift i've seen today was so low to the ground that the clips had to be put on upside down to access the bolts ....so about 3in high complete wiv double handrail and toe and brickguards

Mate it is madness. But look at it this way, if these clowns didn't ask us to do all of this rubbish then they'd be even less work around for the lads to crack on with...

I surpose thats one way of looking at it lolol just the stupidity that someone came up withthis requirement in the first place gets right up my nose....

Attachments

• 20120823_143123.jpg
    20120823_143123.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 20120823_143106.jpg
    20120823_143106.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
done that loads of times now ......gets the boards and ledgers in place for the next lift but usually a poor m rate

Yep was wearing harness as well lolo
Dont get me wrong phil i dnt mind putting in a blocking lift even if it was as low as this- what amazes me is the priccck that thought to make the scaffs handrail toe and bg it

Last edited:
Yep was wearing harness as well lolo
Dont get me wrong phil i dnt mind putting in a blocking lift even if it was as low as this- what amazes me is the priccck that thought to make the scaffs handrail toe and bg it

Its absolute madness these days mate , we used to always put them blocking lifts on bricks or concrete blocks with no handrail or standards until the next lift ws ready , the hoddies must be going mad

I'll get a picture of our jack wall scaffolds, drilled through the floor then the lift pretty much rests on the floor (propped from below) so the scaffold is about 4 inches off the ground in total.... and yep you guessed it. Double handrail, toeboard, brickguards......

Jobsworths mate - anyone who thinks it dangerous and needs hr & bg needs to get a life lolo

we erected a scaffold yesterday 3 foot off the ground 5x4 and we thought that was bad lol!!!! well ive seen it all now if they wana paye the money well let them good pictures southern poofter thou!!!!

i would of stopped it well but the corner and agve them 2 options dig it out or ill bang you a step in it it should be level for you basing out on a new build site what would it tsake with the digger 5 mins to take the corner out

doing exactly the same on Tuesday next week!!!
have to do the same with the clips and this lot also want the inside board clipped.
The brickies are insisting on the blocking lift so i put the ladder in a horrible place and gate the blasted thing too

Get them to tell the brickies to load it properly, next to standards and NOT in the middle of the bay ESPECIALLY on a lap deck with a SPLIT board supporting it!!!!!!!!!
How do they get away with a LAP deck, thought that was banned years ago.

Top Bottom