Blaggers

Dandaps

Reaction score
Just looked at a job for a roofer and he told me the customers (householder) has told him he had a scaffold around the property before for about £2500 this property is basically two old victorian house knocked into one around
70m in total, bay windows, in & outs, 3 lifts all around with 4 lifts at front.:nuts: :nuts: & :cry:

What were they doing, was it a scaffold company or a cowboy builder throwing up some stuff and why have they finally decided to get some descent firms in?
Remind him you only get what you pay for, there could be loads of different reasons for cheap job the last time round including surveyor making a rip roaring erse of it or maybe the hire was extortionate, I would look a wee bit deeper.:suspicious:

It was for pointing, the one I priced was for roofing I asked him who do it. He said he didn't know but thinks they have gone bust now. Says it all really

It was for pointing, the one I priced was for roofing I asked him who do it. He said he didn't know but thinks they have gone bust now. Says it all really

ha ha, Shouldn't laugh but I hope your client knows that and also pointing works would not require the hardest lift erected e.g the gutter lift so there is another reason the previous price should be discarded.

And thats why they have gone Bankrupt we get that on a regular basis and my response is "well why you phoning me and not them?" they undercut everyone else forcing the prices down then go Bankrupt leaving us to struggle to earn enough to stay afloat

Nice one Gazzar, I will keep that in mind and quote it as mine.:cool:

fuel prices going up and up and up, your mortgage or any borrowings are about to get an interest rate rise so again costs going up and up.

there is only one way to price for a scaffold job and thats your way , only you know what your over heads are and how much minimum you need to charge, as AOM pointed out , pointing works scaffold would be at least one lift less than a roofing scaffold so ignore the price full stop, the roofer and his client wont pop around your place in 6 months time when you on your knees and give you any financial help

Top Bottom