bit of help needed

kennyb

Reaction score
I'm on my part 2 course soon and after looking at the course details, I'll be needing to build jobs I have no experience in, is there any video/picture tuition I can use? I'd rather have an heads up before I do my course.

Thanks, Kenny

Thanks mate, is there any vids/pics knocking about on here still? Wouldn't mind a look.

Cheers

There is and i remember someone posting the assessment drawings here few weeks back , There will be some one along that has a much better idea of whats involved with a part 2 course then me ;)

Again what philo says is true, its not an assessment its a scaffolding course to teach you how to do it the "correct" way. Once your qualified then you can worry about Real jobs you dont know how to do even though you were taught to do it the "correct way".
good luck and enjoy it its not often you have the designated time to do a job with the correct amount of men and materials.

When I did my part 2, they more or less gave you the drawings and expected you to have a good idea how to build them. I would get some drawings ( Google ) and have a look at them mate.. don't worry though its easy enough...

Dont worrie about it mate, there will be chaps there that know less than you and others that will help you.

done mine few weeks ago its no probblem was a bit of a head ake putting it up just to strip again we had to do indapendant alterd in to a bird cage,pritty much as it is 13ft indapendant made in to 13ft birdcage and you just took away the inside standards of the inderpendant after extending it to a bird cage,roof stack , canta lever truss which ad never done bridging with beams 3 indapendants bridges with 2 diffrent types of beams and a splay 10 8 ft towers not really hard gets all explaine b4 you do it there drawings there but to be honest they looked like they had been knocked up after the pub just done with a ruler lol its not a problem hardest part not gettign board good luck marra

I'm on my part 2 course soon and after looking at the course details, I'll be needing to build jobs I have no experience in, is there any video/picture tuition I can use? I'd rather have an heads up before I do my course.

Thanks, Kenny

It's TRAINING Kenny, not an assessment mate. You are there to be told and shown how to do jobs you have never done before so don't worry about it.

Basically kenny it's a no fail practical mate,the essence is put on the stuff you learnt on your part 1 revision sheets and the part2 revision sheets they give you,80% of your time will be spent on the floor but like the boys said u will be instructed how to do it the correct way with drawings and advice,ears open mouth shut learn everything off ur revision sheet and u will pass no doubt,ur instructor can recommend u to go straight for your part 2 card after u finish instead of waiting the six months,so being the grey man and doing as instructed and letting the gobby **** take the heat will serve u well,best of luck;)

P.s. Your no relation to kenny g are you?

Last edited:
Thanks mate, puts my mind at ease a little, looking forward to getting it done

Top Bottom