Bit of Advice needed

philliosmaximus

Reaction score
Iam pricing a 30m high hoist tower on a residential block , there is no working scaffold required just the tower and a landing and ramp over a parapet onto a roof terrace , my problem is i can tie the scaffold that butts the building but how do i " wing brace " it without a scaffold to tie it to , or do i have to allow for a scaffold as well purely just to wing brace it ,
also could someone put me in the ball park regards price per rising meter as its not something we would normally do.

Hi Phil
What is the hoist rated at you dont say

Tufty its the usual they want 3 prices 500Kg ,100KG ,1500KG goods hoist the rack and pinion hoist aint to bad to them wire rope hoist shake like hell

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Some hoists bolt to the wall have a look a London hoist

I have seen them gary but they tend to be the big passenger type hoist with the huge crane like masts

Phil
Anything over 500kg normally will be bolted to the building so it will be a 13ft tower up for the run off happy days!!

Try southern hoists out of winchester phil they work up town daily- the last one of these i did they had wing braces fron the hoist tower bolted to the bw which they fixed as they erected it- once they were commissioned we rocked up and brought the tower up off there tied braces...no differnt then hilti tieing really but saved loads of work also then able to ride the lift to frop ur netting

Iam pricing a 30m high hoist tower on a residential block , there is no working scaffold required just the tower and a landing and ramp over a parapet onto a roof terrace , my problem is i can tie the scaffold that butts the building but how do i " wing brace " it without a scaffold to tie it to , or do i have to allow for a scaffold as well purely just to wing brace it ,
also could someone put me in the ball park regards price per rising meter as its not something we would normally do.

Band and Plate Ties into the existing buildings brickwork with chemical resin?
One each side, i dunno... every 5m up or something? Might work a treat and that chemical resin is real nice stuff to use. :idea:

I would run 4 legs up the inside philo and wing brace of that
If you tower is 8ft square inside ledger would be 16 ft every lift would need to catch the external liftamd wing braced every other that is me

We did one last year 4m tower all up apollo tied every other lift then got a firm called 'hoist it' in for the rest nice and easy just erected the tower as per usual and they did the rest.

The great unknown. Pricing a job to how you think it should erected. Get a design done, receive the design and find out Mr Designer has tied it every lift using a type of tie you don't stock and has added 2 million foot of tube 'For stability'.
NASC guidance note SG:2000. guidance on getting the f*&king client to design the scaffold under CDM regs so we know what the f&*k we are pricing.

Top Bottom