Birdcage scaffold in tg20:13

dangeruss

Reaction score
Lads, what's new with birdcage scaffolds in TG20:08 can you still build birdcage with two lifts , top lift board without a design ?
Russ

Yes, no problem.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Meant to add, internally. Wind forces make it a design.

Yes, no problem.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Meant to add, internally. Wind forces make it a design.
Perfect example of the forum in action helping people in need, and no mention of Algeria or Jason Gibbs. Cheers aom

No worries, I was going to enquire if this was the Seychelles job, but decided against it.:amuse:

No worries, I was going to enquire if this was the Seychelles job, but decided against it.:amuse:
wise, very wise indeed.. Its actually a job that's been up for a couple of weeks. I've upset the safety guy by telling him that it doesn't need a design, and if it did he wouldn't be competent to inspect it with his two wonder inspector ticket. Thought Id just check up in the mean time though !!!!!

Last edited:
I'll give you one word of caution just on the off chance this guy goes out and buys a copy, there is a timeline for adopting this guidance. Something tells me it's June but don't quote me. The truth is, if it's sound today it's going to be sound tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

I'm pricing one just now, who knows when or if it will go ahead, do I go and spend a bit of cash on a design now or build it to the new regs, you can work out yourself what I intend to do.

Just spent £1200 on TG20 had to bite the bullet, still it will give me something to read in Hospital when I'm in.

I'm not saying you will like it, but everyone is going to want to know how you work to it.

The thing contractors will want every scaffold built as per this. And they will get their tape measure out to check every thing is as per this,

So if ie, a standard spacing is 25mm out they will demand it put right,

Nah, they can't even set out a building within those limits. There's an advertised tolerance level, think it's around 100mm on the bay size.

No you can't mate just finished supervisor course and new legislation is in place now to stop 2 lift birdcage without design

Did they have a copy of the new guidance? Do you know that we said this birdcage is internal?

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Who did you do the course with and did they say anything about updating you when the regs changed. Could be an issue with the inspection course as well.

Fuk me that kunts like aids to my ears, hes scaffoldings answer to jimmy saville.....no more vids or please put a warning :sick:

What ever happend to good hands firing the job up and geting the engineer to draw it after especially petro chem jobs where there is a million pipes goin through the job.

It's always been the same offshore, same thing with sg4 and any other guidance. There will be some who think they could design these jobs before they go up but they will be the one's who have never been out there or know how they operate.

Top Bottom