Best place for work

marra watson

Reaction score
Were is the ideal place to live to get work as ascaffolder other than london?
is there any big employers in north east and the midlands nuclearplants shutdown ect

Last edited:
wales you thining penbrooke? to many aliens about there m8 teeside might know and jakdan,were u at atm?

it may be the second best river and have the best salmon / troute 12lbs every cast but is there any work there:) ........ are the ship yards still goign on over there or shut downs etc

cheers jakdan would it be worth relocating to the north east our lass can get work any were really just think it wont be as easy for a scaff in this climate,are there a few places in the north east. when oen job finish the lads move to the next big job or just pot luck ?

Were is the ideal place to live to get work as ascaffolder other than london?
is there any big employers in north east and the midlands nuclearplants shutdown ect

Australia.

Ive heard its busting to overflow with jobs and work for Scaffolders there.
Its warm, clean and a imagine being able to sit on the beach with your kids daily, after you come back from work? Paradise. :)

Not like here... with the Foreigners taking the piss, lazy no good scroungers, corruption in Politics, crap weather, stinking extremist Muslims causing grief at our Soldiers funerals and the stupid Scot's wanting to not only destroy Britain - but also wanting to cause Scotland a slow and painful death, when they run off like the Paddy's did.

F.uck it, if you really wanna get away and get more and better work - try Australia. :)
Im thinking about it.

If I were 20 years younger I would be giving Oz serious consideration---in fact its a no brainer Id be OOOooooFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

If I were 20 years younger I would be giving Oz serious consideration---in fact its a no brainer Id be OOOooooFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Aye my sentiments exactly garry,if i were only 10 years younger,in fact i'd even go now except the missus wont leave the family,it's a big upheavel to upsticks,but one with great benefits,a definate no brainer for the younger man;)

Mon boy's, you even answered the question yourself bigfish, a big upheaval for families, so with that logic it would only be a good move if you are a complete sad bastardo with no mates or family. Feck oz, move to Argyll.:cool:

worked in argyll and orban that is a lonley place didnt think there was much need for scaffoldign up there mostly trees and some more trees worked as a brasher when i was up there wet cold and windy might consider oz thow what would i need to do to change my tickets over??

haha, if you worked as a brasher no wonder all you saw was tree's. Forestry is a big part of our economy round these parts and you are right Oban is a hole but as with my advice on another thread there is a lot more to Argyll than tree's and Oban. The further south you travel the better it get's till you finally arrive in god's country which is Kintyre. Feck oz, far away birds have pretty feathers and all that.:cool:

my nana use to say far away cows have long horns......Kintyre thats the banjo on the cok of scotland isnt it lol :laugh:

haha, aye it is. Your nan was a very wise woman and your doing not so bad yourself as I've not met many people who could point to Campbeltown on the map but could show you where Benidorm is in a second.

That's as about as close to it as you should really want to get. I'm hardly well travelled but I've never been anywhere I would rush back too.

This was a few years ago but there was a painter round here who ended up with a load of nick names like the town crier and big home and away as he tried several times to spend a year in oz only to get homesick within a few weeks. The worst one came when he finally decided to emigrate and had a load of farewell parties even went round Ibrox and met all the players and had his name in lights on the score board wishing him well, it was a good day but never lasted long as this time he never even left the airport and flew home again as he missed home that much.:laugh:

Lol ahahah a lad for our firm done that bwt 4 years ago, got job out there was out 2 mounth come back to us for few mounth ,then shipped all his stuff over sold his house and his wife and kids whent over with him she didnt like it was out there less than a mounth cost him about £20,000 to get his stuff there and back not to mention money lost on house for a quick sale then to buy another one lol and think his still got 25 years servise with the company untill contacts cam last mounth and onyl got 4 lol

Top Bottom