Best Drill for installing ties?

StoneScaffoldingLtd

Reaction score
Be interested to hear what fellow scaffs recommend for the best drill for installing ties. I've tried a few but battery life always seems too low.
Thoughts guys please.........

Ive got hilti and bosch , bosch seem better

We bought a new hilti last year, can't remember the numbers but it's a peach. We also bought fancy new hardened bits as we are always going into hard stone. Between the 2 of them we can now fix to anything fast.

I brought a Makita sds 18 volt drill. it will drill 30 holes into brickwork 14mm with one charge and about 15 x m16 holes into concrete. It takes 15 minutes to recharge. Brilliant bit of kit and the battery also fits the recip saw which will cut about 25 tubes with one charge.

What you thinking. Get the better bits, as far as I can tell, that's the difference.

Strange, I suppose they suit all machines now and some may not need them.

I purchased a makita radio a couple of years back and that did not come with a battery either. Inflates the cost no end with the additional charge, pardon the pun!

The Panasonic one leaches do is the mutts nuts! You'll find it cheaper elsewhere though!

Ive had a hilti T5 for years & have allways sworn by its performance but last year we had a large job that req circa 500+ & so bought a panasonic cost around £350 with the charger & 2batterys & tbh it outperformed the hilti

AEG comes with long life guarantee its the rolls Royce of drills when purchase register it on line and this will cover the drill and batteries for 3 years .scc

We've got hilti TE 2A22's on fleet management direct from hilti. £14 per month. Case 2 batteries and drill. Any probs they repair them and leave a replacement, never with out a drill. Good drills, light, sturdy and decent charge on the batteries. Take half hour to charge up from flat.

Top Bottom