Beginner looking to start

Liamthecoder

Reaction score
Hi Guys This is my first post lmao, anyways am loooking to get a scaffolding ticket but im unsure on which course to take, can anyone point me in the right direction

That's easy Liam, go and tell Ian McNee you want to be a scaff, keep your nose clean and graft hard and he will no doubt set you on the right road. Good luck.

Thanks Aom,
Do I have to be in a bussiness to get put throught the course or could i do it myself?

No bother Liam. You could pay for your tickets yourself but very expensive, I think it's round about the grand mark at NCC then you have to find an employer anyway to get the experience before you can progress. I would stick to finding the employer first and keep the cash in the pocket.

Good man you know it makes sense, good luck.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Just had another thought, what about calling the citb let them know what you are wanting to do and see if they can find an employer for you. Can't remember names or contact details but they make you sit a daft wee exam first then call all the registered employers in the Dunoon area to see if anyone will take you on.

When I was Bircham Newton there were a couple of lads that got put through on like a yts scheme. They did pretty well (one if them was in same gang as me) at the end they both got taken on by GKN. Depends how old you are mate

awryt thanks alot, i was looking at the pasma Qualification, does anyone have any experience with it?

Pasma is for alloy mobile access towers only. It depends what you want to do. If you want to be a scaffolder the pasma won't get you anywhere. You need NVQ's in scaffolding, which means courses with a certified, accredited training facility and then put the time in to get your CISRS scaffolders cards. Like I say depends on what you want to do mate

i should have done mine when had the chance like, can never get a start with any big companys if ya not got the tickets these days. i thought i was only gonna do it for a weekend for a mate n never looked back still doin it 7 years down the line...lol

Hiya Liam,try Simian, you will find them on here they will point you in the right direction good luck mate.

yeh i know the feeling, im in a small town so getting a start is pretty hard, but awell al just keep trying sooner or later al get their.

Spent best part of three years in and around Dunoon in the mid 70s working out at Ardyne point.If the government had built the dry docks as promised thare could have been plenty of work in that area.

Have you thought of travel to Glasgow lot more scaff firms in that area,ferry and train every day or find cheap digs in Glasgow or tell the DHSS that you are homeless try for a flat :huh:

Keep trying mate and good luck in your search

@Jakdan
lmfao

a tried mcnees with no such luck awell al just keep looking lol, atlease for once dunoon is roasting n sunny :)

Hi Liam, don't take no for an answer. He might not realise it yet but he needs a scaff and if you annoy him enough you will get a start. Make sure you are talking to Ian senior.

Brown of Strone are also struggling a wee bit in the scaffold department. Give their office a call and make sure you talk with Gilles Brown.

I have not seen a trainee for years now. SGB (Harsco) used to take on loads, but not sure what they are doing now. You need to have 6 months site experience before you do your part 1, then another 6 months before part 2, then another ... wait for it... 6 months before your final assesment.

We still take on trainee's. One just finished and another just about to go for his part 2 and another just did his touch screen for a labourers card. We are just to far away for Liam to travel although we do work for Dunoon firms.

Top Bottom