Basic Scaffold Inspection Certificate

T.ANIMAL

Reaction score
Can someone clear a little matter up for me, i have the above and would like to know as everything is going TG20 design and drawings what exactly can i tag these days.:worried:
Did the 2 day course with UTN in 2007 and a refresher with Cape to take me to 2011.
Am i thinking this is not worth a w*nk anymore:evil:

I think you can only tag jobs that are classed the same as your inspection ticket mate,but not 100% sure,goalposts are always moving..

T.Animal - this would depend on where you are working and if they require you to have the CISRS inspection stamp on your card or if they are happy with just proof of training.

feck me how many different courses and certificates is there these days, im lost off,
why do scaffolders need inspection certificates to sign scaffolds off or am i on wrong track here

Can someone clear a little matter up for me, i have the above and would like to know as everything is going TG20 design and drawings what exactly can i tag these days.:worried:
Did the 2 day course with UTN in 2007 and a refresher with Cape to take me to 2011.
Am i thinking this is not worth a w*nk anymore:evil:

told you we should have been plumbers wouldnt of had any of this bull **** lol.

hiya,if you have ur advance card,then you can sign of scaffolds n sign any scafftag,well i have been doing it for yrs now n never had any problems

im advanced sniper yes was just checking really cos seems to be a lot of scaffs on here talkin about inspection courses on a regular basis an i was begining to think maybe something had changed with regard to rules an regs of inspections an handovers an tags

hiya,if you have ur advance card,then you can sign of scaffolds n sign any scafftag,well i have been doing it for yrs now n never had any problems

Yes you can sign off a scaffold as advanced, but the 7 day inspection cannot be done by an advanced, fu*king stupid i know, hence these inspectors tickets basic and advanced, thats what gets me you can have someone with an inspectors ticket that has never scaffolded in there life tagging jobs and filling out the weekly inspection sheets, but wouldnt have a clue how you built the job. all back to that term being competent, and if an advanced isnt competent to do it then i give up, too many courses in our industry and too many non scaffolding personnel doing these courses and dictating our industry.:mad:

not sure about what you got but lyndons put a load of lads on a 2 day supervisor course for carillion sites thinking they could tag and do the weekly inspections but it turned out they could do the original tags but not 7 days inspection

My understanding of this is...

If your a 'scaffolder' you can inspect with an inspection ticket, jobs erected within the criteria of what a 'scaffolder' can build. This might sound odd, but what Im trying to say is, to inspect hangers, temp roofs, shores etc, you must hold an advanced ticket.
Im pretty sure you dont have to have the advanced inspection tickets so long as your carded as a scaff to the equivilent level. This is how it stands at the moment but as usual Im pretty sure this will all change shortly.
Like already said, some of this is dependent on different contractors. Carillion for example, the scaffolds must be inspected by somone other than the scaffolder that erected it and they must be an advanced scaffolders of 5 years minimum at that level. Other contractors insist on other things. Wrong really, should all be one level playing field.
If that dont make sense, never mind, been a long day, off to bed...:p

Top Bottom